Creating Organic Beats in FL Studio
What you'll learn
- Create a powerful composition out of ONE SINGLE RECORDED NOTE !
- Have a solid music folder structure to use for the long-term
- Edit the recorded note to achieve a high quality instrument to use
- Route audio around the mixer with complexity + effects
- Think in terms of frequency space, designing sounds which stand out!
- Mold/shape multiple instruments from one single recorded note
- How to use distortion to add fullness + extra frequencies
- The benefits that sends have to a producer's workflow
- Everything is explained step by step in this course. So your FL Studio knowledge can be very limited, and still understand everything that is going on!
- A microphone + instrument to record your note (I've also provided my recorded notes inside the course resources if you'd like to use them!)
Organic Beats will teach you how to take a single note, which we record together, and create a full composition out of!
Nowadays, a lot of producers are trying to achieve that 'EDM sound'. Well, not this course! Organic Beats is a very unique music course.
With my teaching style, I always fill you in on off-topic goodies to keep you educated and aware of why I am applying certain techniques. [You will understand what is going on even if you have limited audio production knowledge.]
I love how this beat turned out! [Just watch the promo video to hear the end result!]
We start this course off by actually recording a piano and guitar note together!
We move into editing this note, showing my personal preferences to achieve the best quality in your recording.
I then show how to sculpt and mold this sound for optimal use! When playing by itself, the note isn't too usable, but after applying the techniques shown in Section 4 'Sculpting Our Sound', this sound becomes a deeply emotional element.
We then get into building our beat, all while you are shown how to mold, shape, and carve space for each new instrument we create.
You even learn complex mixer routing, which is beautifully labelled, and gives an amazing workflow!
I've also included a bonus video getting you started arranging your song for that professional sound. [Arrangement is just as much a factor as the actual composition!]
Who this course is for:
- Aspiring music producers eager to further their creativity and productions
- Producers who want to get away from current trends, and be original!
- Beatmakers looking for that video to help them create high quality beats
GratuiTous (Riley Weller) is an artist and producer for the name of Jesus. He is an author, educator, and podcast host of 'Music Production Made Simple'.
He has been using FL Studio since 2009, leading him to work with a GRAMMY-Nominiated recording artist out of Winnipeg, Canada!
He has tons of books and courses on how to use the FL Studio software. His learning materials have proven results from previous students who have successfully learned the software to make beats.
His students tell him that his approach to explaining topics is extremely easy to understand.
Feel free to reach out to GratuiTous with any questions you have about FL Studio.