Ordering food in Chinese - Restaurant, cuisine and culture
- 2 hours on-demand video
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and TV
- Certificate of Completion
Get your team access to 4,000+ top Udemy courses anytime, anywhere.Try Udemy for Business
- Speak basic survival Chinese.
- Experience Chinese cuisine without any concerns about ordering the wrong meat or super spicy dishes
- Identify the Chinese characters for important food items (meats, veg etc)
- Communicate with restaurant staff about your needs, dietary restrictions and requirements.
- Accurately order the meals you want in restaurants.
- Have interest in Chinese culture, cuisine.
- Want to learn Chinese restaurant culture.
- Be open minded to understand Chinese cultural differences.
- Wants to learn some Chinese.
Travelling and living in China can be tough. Take it from us, and if you know zero Chinese, even an online translator and body language can be useless. It's a difficult language and restaurant staff usually show no patience for a confused foreigner. So we offer you to be prepared for one of the most important survival areas: EATING. Learn how to get around in a restaurant in China: get a table, ask about the tastes and recommendations, order exactly what you want to eat, inform waiters about your dietary restrictions and pay with no worries. It;s much more fun to explore this amazing country with a full stomach and with a calm mind, knowing you didn't just eat a dog or a donkey.
- Travelers who can't speak Chinese and want to experience the real Chinese cuisine.
- Anyone who doesn't want to order dog or cat meat by mistake.
- Anyone who has an interest in the "Real Chinese Restaurant Culture".
- People coming to China with dietary restrictions.