Order to Cash (O2C) - Receivables - DSO guide - Expert V2.0
What you'll learn
- Good overview of the Order to Cash End to end process
- Understand all the key concepts of O2C, Accounts Receivables and the impact it has on operations
- Master the factors which impact Accounts Receivables, DSO and steps to improve the DSO and gain expertise in collections and working capital management.
- Awareness of the lesser known components which can swing the DSO.
- Acquire a fair idea of the roles and responsibilities in each of the teams.
- Become proficient in accounting journal entries
- Learn the importance of Credit risk assessment, Factoring and Escheatment process.
- You will be considered as a subject matter expert and become a valuable resource in Order to Cash team for any organization
- BONUS - A downloadable PDF comprising of Accounting Journal Entries - A simple compilation
- This course is designed in a simple layman language and anyone who doesn't have prior knowledge also can understand the basic concepts
Be an expert in O2C.
Updated in Oct 2023.
DSO Computation worksheet and IDEAL DSO worksheet - Downloadable resource attached to Lecture 48. <<< Dont Miss it >>>
New Section 11 added to test your knowledge - 193 questions added as part of O2C practice test 2
Updated in Feb 2023.
New Section 11 added to test your knowledge - 68 questions added as part of O2C practice test 1
Welcome to the world of Order to Cash. We will make an honest effort to cover all relevant topics in the Order to Cash cycle.
DSO made simpler for you:
Factors impacting DSO,
Why DSO swings and
How you can make a difference in the overall working capital management.
" The best course to understand the dynamics of AR and DSO"
"Process -> Levers -> Collections ->Working Capital -> DSO "
This course will be covered at multiple levels :
High level O2C Process with 6 major groups
3 subgroups explained under each of the groups and
Deep dive into each of the subgroups and activities (with few practical examples and explanations)
This course will provide an overview of the following concepts
Order Management - Prospect becoming a Customer,
Order fulfillment – Delivery of goods or services and post fulfilment,
Invoicing, Invoice generation and Invoice circulation,
Revenue including Deferred Revenue and Unbilled Revenue,
Discounts and types of discounts
Accounts receivables – Collection follow up strategy, Dunning process, Payment accounting, Cash application, Credit handling, BRS, Factors impacting DSO, Allowance for doubtful debts etc.
Reporting of Revenue and Receivables – Analysis and Business insights , Visual dashboards
Special topics like Customer, Credit rating, DSO Swings , Escheatment process, Factoring, etc.
Few Interview Questions specific to Order to Cash
Accounting Journal entries pertaining to end to end process useful for aspiring SAP professionals.
You can take up this course to understand some of the concepts and controls in O2C more specifically Accounts receivables and DSO, to perform better in your current role.
This course is relevant for all stages of your career - beginner, mid-level or senior levels.
This course is designed in a simple layman language and anyone who doesn't have prior knowledge also can understand the basic concepts
This course can also be used for induction training for any levels
Who this course is for:
- All Finance professionals who want to make a career in Order to Cash (O2C) Process
- All Finance professionals who want to effectively manage Accounts receivables, Collections, DSO etc
- All Finance professionals who want to learn the tricks of improving collections and reducing DSO
- This course is relevant for all stages of your career - beginner, mid-level or senior levels.
Sonu Thomas is a Chartered Accountant with 20+ years of Corporate experience in the field of Finance, Accounting, Auditing, Compliance and Operational excellence.
He has extensive experience in the field of Accounts Receivables, Accounts Payables, Internal Audit and Controls, SOX Compliance, Cost saving.
He aims to help individuals and businesses accomplish their goals by providing them with simple and effective learning solutions.
Strongly believes upskilling team members is the key to Organization and individual success stories.