Orchestral Template for Beginners
What you'll learn
- How to build an orchestral template in a DAW and balance it.
- Basic computer literacy, and some previous experience with a DAW
- You need to own a DAW and virtual instruments to use (I'm using Reaper and Kontakt, but any DAW and any orchestral instruments will suffice)
Building an orchestral template in a Digital Audio Workstation is not as scary as it may appear. This course will show you how to do this.
You will learn about the main instrument groups, individual instruments used in an orchestra, but that's just a start. You will also learn about basics of routing the signal, then about panning the orchestra, and finally you will balance your instruments to create a realistic sounding virtual orchestra.
You will be provided with audio and MIDI files to make balancing a lot easier, too, as I give you my own composition, "Dreamlords", as individual instruments that you can use as a reference.
Who this course is for:
- Beginners with basic DAW knowledge
- People who want to start making orchestral music on a computer
My name is Wojciech, I live in EU.
I compose orchestral soundtracks for independent video games, and epic orchestral music for fun.
I build and play wooden Native American style flutes.
And since I believe in sharing skills and knowledge, I manage websites, where I teach how to do all of these things.