Oracle DBA 11g/12c - Database Administration for Junior DBA
- 11 hours on-demand video
- 7 articles
- 7 downloadable resources
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and TV
- Certificate of Completion
Get your team access to 4,000+ top Udemy courses anytime, anywhere.Try Udemy for Business
- Final Goal: Get a job as an Oracle Database Administrator (Oracle DBA)
- As a Oracle Database Administrator (Oracle DBA), you would be able understand the Database Architecture, which will help you to perform your DBA duties with better understanding.
- As a Oracle Database Administrator (Oracle DBA), you would be able to Install the necessary Oracle Software/Database
- As a Oracle Database Administrator (Oracle DBA), you would be able to Administer User accounts in the Database
- As a Oracle Database Administrator (Oracle DBA), you would be able to Manage Tablespace's to provide required space for the data
- As a Oracle Database Administrator (Oracle DBA), you would be able perform Backup and Recovery as needed.
- As a Oracle Database Administrator (Oracle DBA), you would be able to diagnose the problems and if required will be able to work with Oracle Support
- As a Oracle Database Administrator (Oracle DBA), you would be able to configure the Listeners for users to communicate
- Students should have basic SQL Knowledge
- Students should know the basic UNIX/LINUX commands
- An open mind to understand Architecture, before jumping into demo's
Learn to become an Oracle Database Administrator (DBA) in 6 weeks and get a well paid job as a Junior DBA.
'Oracle 11g/12c DBA' course follows a step by step methodology in introducing concepts and Demo's to the students so that they can learn with ease.
If you want to become an Oracle Database Administrator(Oracle DBA), this course is right for you!!!!
Almost in every organization, you will find Database Administrator's (DBA's) to maintain the organization's database. Becoming a good DBA depends on the knowledge you have in the overall architecture of Oracle Database.
In this course, I have covered both Oracle Database 11g and Oracle Database 12c so that you get to know the differences and can work in organizations, who are still in 11g.
Step by Step methodology followed is...
- Learn the fundamentals of database to set the stage for Oracle Architecture
- Understand the Process and Memory Architecture (This is important as understanding this will help you solve lot of critical performance issues).
- Install Oracle Database 11g & 12c (Manual method and using DBCA)
- Tablespace management to manage space to store the data.
- UNDO Tablespace management to manage undo space.
- REDO Log file management to manage redo space.
- Manage users and security
- Networking (Configuring Listeners and TNS entries)
- Understand various Data dictionary tables/views
- Diagnose issues using Diagnose data and generate packages for Oracle Support.
- Backup and Recovery (User Managed)
- Backup and Recovery (RMAN)
- Materialized Views
- Table Partitioning
- Project Work
Let's start and I will take you step by step to lead your journey into the DBA world!!!
- Students who want to start their careen in Database Administration