Oracle SQL : Mastering Oracle SQL Performance Tuning
- 6.5 hours on-demand video
- 1 article
- 37 downloadable resources
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and TV
- Certificate of Completion
Get your team access to 4,000+ top Udemy courses anytime, anywhere.Try Udemy for Business
- Step by Step approach on troubleshooting badly performing SQL queries.
- Identify how internal Oracle components affects the performance of the SQL query.
- Identify potential performance bottlenecks by reading the Explain plan of the queries.
- Tips and Tricks to make the Oracle SQL query run faster.
- Compare BAD vs GOOD Queries with Examples.
- Understand how STATISTICS and CARDINALITY affects the performance of the SQL Query.
- Implications of JOINS and ACCESS Methods on the performance of the Query.
- Oracle Performance Tuning on both Oracle11g and Oracle12c Environment.
- Advanced SQL Query Tuning Steps.
- Basic understanding of Oracle SQL Query writing.
- No prerequisite software required. You should be able to use PC/laptop comfortably.
*** This Course purchase includes video lectures, practice files, quizzes, & assignments, 1-on-1 instructor support***
Please note that this course will be continuously getting updated with more videos to keep you up to date on Oracle SQL Tuning. You will find lot of new lecture covering new features in the area of Oracle SQL Tuning. Best part about this course is that, You can also demand a lecture on a specific topic of SQL Tuning, which comes under the scope and I will make sure that the section on that Topic is added .
This course is designed to take the Oracle SQL Developers, Analysts, DBA to next level in SQL Query Tuning. You will find Various ways to optimize and tune the queries in the Production Environment. The professional who wants to start with the tuning of Oracle SQL queries and have basic idea of writing and reading queries, will find it extremely easy to understand.
How many times have we seen this. A Production batch job or a SQL Query is hung or consuming more time. Majority of the times we are clueless on what needs to be done or how it has to be troubleshooted.
I will Guide you through a STEP by STEP approach on how to troubleshoot the badly performing SQL Queries. We will also talk about the Oracle components that need to be checked and looked at. This course will also teach you how to interpret various components and identify the actual reason why the SQL Query is taking time. We will not stop there. We will also look at what fixes could be applied to make the SQL Query work faster.
I have taken a systematic approach in identifying , analyzing and troubleshooting badly performing SQL Query and will provide you with the skills required to write highly efficient Oracle SQL queries.
There is a separate section on most commonly seen problems in SQL Queries and have provided TIPS and TRICKS on correcting those SQL queries . So, next time, you do a Code review or write your own code, you can follow some of of the BEST Practices mentioned to proactively solve the SQL Performance Issues.
You should be able to complete this course in a week time, if you dedicate 2 hours of your time daily and this journey will take you from Oracle SQL Tuning beginners to expert Level.
Important Topics covered:
Gather statistics for the bad SQL
Understand the Cardinality and Execution Plan
Advanced Query Tuning Techniques.
Understand the Various components of the Execution Plans and interpret them
Understand the Index in depth and its impact on Performance
Guide Oracle Optimizer to choose a better execution Plan.
Tips and Tricks to tune the SQL Queries.
Gain Oracle performance tuning knowledge on Oracle11g and Oracle12c
Adaptive Cursor Sharing
Briefly, The knowledge of SQL Tuning is a must for IT professionals and this course is one stop shop for gaining this necessary and in-demand skill.
Trust me, I will make sure you have an awesome learning experience and will hold your hand and take you step by step!!!
Happy Oracle SQL Tuning :-)
- Oracle SQL Developers who want to optimize the SQL queries.
- Aspirants seeking career opportunities in Oracle Database and SQL.
- DBA, Developers, Support Analyst who wants to troubleshoot Oracle SQL queries and fix it.