Oracle SQL for Analysis and Reporting: essential training
- 2.5 hours on-demand video
- 6 articles
- 7 downloadable resources
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and TV
- Certificate of Completion
Get your team access to 4,000+ top Udemy courses anytime, anywhere.Try Udemy for Business
- Use powerful analytic functions for business intelligence in Oracle
- Use other powerful aggregate functions for business intelligence in Oracle
- Use manual SQL queries to extract information from a database that answers real-life business questions
- Have Oracle installed, preferably Oracle 11gR2 and up.
- Download Oracle SQL Developer and the JDK and ensure that it runs.
- You should already be familiar with simple SQL, such as writing basic SELECT statement and GROUP BY functions.
This course teaches people in Database reporting, Business Intelligence or any field that requires creating database reports in Oracle how to use some of the cool functions in Oracle to answer real-world questions. Each lesson covers one or more reporting and analysis function / technique in Oracle and uses Oracle 11gR2 for demos. You will get a combination of slideshows and hands-on query exercises, including challenges and brain-teasers to help you think deeper into problems and write simple queries that answer these questions.
All the queries in this course are included for download. Also, make sure you attempt all the challenge exercises before you look at the solutions.
You should take this course if you are looking to up your game in database querying, data mining and business intelligence using SQL queries. A special section is dedicated to Analytic Functions, a really cool set of functions in Oracle that make it easy to write highly scalable, high performance queries with very little code. It starts wit an introduction of Analytic functions and then goes deeper into using these functions to answer business questions. Have fun, as more examples are uploaded to this course.
- This SQL is meant for anyone who has basic knowledge in writing simple SQL queries and wants to take it to the next level by exploring other robust functions built into Oracle to garner valuable information from an Oracle database that answer real-world business questions. It is not an introduction to SQL querying. If you have no knowledge of writing simple SQL, then this course is not for you.
Flipping rows to columns is a powerful reporting tool in data analysis. If you have worked with Excel before, then you have seen the PIVOT function. learn how to use the PIVOT function in Oracle to transpose rows to column headings.