Oracle Real Application Cluster
- 6 hours on-demand video
- 1 article
- 12 downloadable resources
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and TV
- Certificate of Completion
Get your team access to 4,000+ top Udemy courses anytime, anywhere.Try Udemy for Business
- Install and set from scratch a 2 node cluster with Oracle 12c technology
- Know all the important point to set a cluster with Oracle
- Install and set Oracle virtual box for RAC
- Install and set linux 6.6 64bits for RAC
- Create and present shared disks to simulate you have a storage array
- Install, configure and use oracle asmlib libraries to map the shared disks to ASM disks
- Know and practice with the most important cluster command lines
- For this course you'll need: a laptop o Pc with at least 6G RAM and 70G free space
- You need a adsl connection to download all the software
- We'll install Oracle virtual box, Oracle linux 64bits, Grid infrastructure 12c and rdbms 11gR2
Welcome to this Real Application Cluster couse
During these moments that we spend together, I have only one goal, that you enjoy setting a professional high-tech environment. Grid Infrastructure 12c, data base 11gR2 both products were installed in graphic and silent mode.
All these products involve the execution of different tasks defined below.
The course have been produced with videos, you'll also listen my voice. I will give all explanations and examples relevant to the successfull anderstanding of this course.
In addition, I will make available the "roadmap" that I used throughout the course with all the querys and operating system commands, this way you can use it to copy and paste into your environment.
The course is about 4 hours and you'll find the following chapters:
1 Installation and setting of Oracle VirtualBox, creation of RAC1 Virtual Machine (VM)
2 Installation of Oracle linux 64 bits operating system
3 Setting network cards and the /etc/hosts file
4 Tune RAC1 with yum: Kernel parameters, packages dependencies, user and groups
5 Clone RAC1 to RAC2, the second node of our Oracle RAC cluster
6 Creation of the shared disks from virtual box and present them to both racs
7 Creation of ASM disk for subsequent creation of diskgroups
8 Installation of the binaries GI 12c
Set the ssh connectivity between node 1 and node 2
Run runcluvfy to get all the check results
At this step if all is good, you have your first cluster 12c !
9 Installation of GI 12c silent mode
10 Installing Oracle 11gR2 binaries (graphic and silent)
11 Creating Database 11gR2 data (graphic and silent)
12 Learn all the command available to manage your cluster
With this course, you have in your hand a powerful environment, created with the last version of Oracle products and for a very low cost. You can simulate a production environment at home with your personal computer.
- This course is for dba that have at least install one Oracle database
- It's better that studiants have any knowledge of linux and network