Oracle Primavera P6
What you'll learn
- Oracle Primavera P6
- Project management
- Project Planning
- To manage a project schedule with activities, budgets, resources allocation
- Basic computer knowledge shall be enough
- Please install Primavera P6 Version 8.3 or above for practicing on your own
In this course, techniques of Oracle Primavera P6 in managing projects explained in detail covering all modules available in the tool.
For the ease of learners, the course is splitted into 6 sessions
1. Introduction to Project management, Creation of Currency, EPS, OBS, Projects, Notebooks and funding sources,
2. Creation of calendar, Resources and roles, cost accounts, resource codes and resource shifts, Project portfolios .
3. Introduction to scheduling, Creation of WBS, Activities, Activity relationship, activity step templates creation, total float and free float and resource assignments.
4. Creation and assigning Baselines, Expenses, Wps and Docs, Issues management, Risks identification and management, creating thresholds parameters and monitoring thersholds.
5. Budget allocation and tracking, Spending plan, Resource usage distribution, creation and assigning of resource curves, resource levelling, Actuals updation, Gantt charts, Delay analysis, Global change
6. Brief on Earned value management, Creation of Earned value layout , Earned value and S curves analysis on project tracking, Report generations
Quiz questions related to Project management added on the last part of the course. For Practice assignment, Pdf resources are added on the last section of the course that shall be helpful to practice and to build and manage a new project schedule on your own!
Who this course is for:
- Planning engineer
- Production Planner
- Beginner Primavera schedulers curious about project management
Ranjithkumar Vasudevan is a PMP certified Professional Projects Planner who lives in India.
He has been managing projects for 8+ years and is currently associated with KPMG International as a Consultant in Advisory. Before joining KPMG, he had been working with Cyient Limited, a leading global engineering, manufacturing, and digital technology solutions company, Eversendai, a Malaysian based firm, leading global organization in undertaking turnkey contracts; delivering projects for high rise buildings, power plants, Oil & Gas as well as infrastructure and composite structures in the Asian and Middle Eastern regions, Sobha limited, an Indian multinational real estate developer who has also executed projects for some of India's key corporate houses, GPR Builders, a south Indian construction firm who has also executed construction projects for some key clients of textile and hotel industries.
He has been associated with globally recognized clients such as Alstom, Bombardier, Infosys, Prestige Estates, Piramal Enterprises, Lodha group and Pachaiyappas groups. He holds a Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering and has been engaged in managing projects across the business units of construction, transportation and finance. Also, he is certified with Oracle Primavera by Credo systemz, which has been Ranked No.1 by Project Management Association (PMA) for providing Primavera Training.
So the bottom line is “By taking up Ranjith’s courses, you will not only learn the right way to do things but also the shortcut ideas that shall actually save a huge amount of time while working on your projects”