Oracle GoldenGate 11g Essentials
- Students should know basic Oracle Database concepts
What is this Course About?
This course on Oracle GoldenGate 11g Essentials starts with the basics and dives into advanced concepts of how replication can be implemented using GoldenGate. If you are new to GoldenGate and would like to know about the product, this course is the best starting point. Through the lectures in this class you will be able to understand the architecture and various components of GoldenGate including Installation, Extract and Replicat Process Groups , configuring Unidirectional and Bidirectional Replication, Initial Load techniques and other advanced topics.
Who can take this course?
This course is intended for software professionals who have a good understanding of databases and would like to learn about how to use Oracle GoldenGate to replicate data between databases. It is expected you know basic knowledge of Databases.
What is this course made up of?
This course is made up of videos containing whiteboard explanations of the various concepts of Oracle GoldenGate 11g. The objective of this course is to help you to understand the concepts of Oracle GoldenGate.
How long will the course take to complete?
This course has 50+ lectures with more than 3 hours of content. We recommend you learn at your own pace and imbibe the concepts before moving ahead. It should
take you approximately 3-5 days to complete this course.
- This course is intended for software professionals who want to learn Oracle GoldenGate. The course start with the basics and goes into advanced configuration details.
- Introduction to Oracle GoldenGate
- Benefits of Using GoldenGate
- Key Capabilities of GoldenGate
- GoldenGate Topologies
- Data Base Redo Log - Concepts
- GoldenGate Process Overview
- GoldenGate Replication Data Flow - Examples
- GoldenGate Management Tools
- Overview of Initial Load and Change Capture
- Trail Files Overview
- Initial Load - Overview
- Parameter Files and Manager Process
- GoldenGate Checkpointing
- Installation Process
- GoldenGate Scripting
- GoldenGate Configuration Steps
- Setup GoldenGate environment
- Change Capture Concept
- Setup Extract
- Passive Alias Extract
- Initial Load Overview
- 4 Options of GoldenGate Initial Load
- Prerequisites for Initial Load
- Configure Change Delivery
- Parallelising Change Capture and Delivery
- Collisions and how to avoid during Initial Load
- Handling Collisions
- Trail Files Overview
- Trail and File Formats
- Space Requirements
- GoldenGate Trail File Format
- Trail File Compatibility
- Reverse Utility
- Other Trail File Formats
- GoldenGate Parameters Overview
- Range Function Overview
We are a group of senior technical professionals with varied experience in the Software Industry. We started this venture out of a passion to educate people. Our vision is to enable people learn at their own pace & convenience and go to the next level.
By sharing our knowledge & experience in professional videos we want to up-skill individuals and help them meet their learning goals.
We are experts in technologies given below:
- Oracle Database ( Development, Administration & Tuning)
- Java & JEE ( Development and Tuning)
- JEE Application Servers
- Oracle Engineered Systems
- Big Data ( Hadoop, NoSQL databases, Kafka, Spark ...)
- Oracle GoldenGate & Oracle Data Integrator
- Oracle Spatial
- Data Mining
- Performance Engineering
- OOAD & UML
- R and Analytics
- Oracle Cloud
Our approach/strategy in delivering online training is to bring the class to wherever you are. We believe learning is more effective when the student sees the instructor explaining concepts. We have been teaching Instructor led and Live Virtual Classes across the Globe. We also wanted to make knowledge available online at an affordable cost.
We are sure you will enjoy and learn and look forward to your feedback.
Have been working on various technologies including Oracle Database and related technologies ( High Availability, RAC and DG, Security, Performance Tuning, Spatial etc) , GoldenGate, Exadata, Enterprise Manager, Oracle Cloud and R.
Teaching is a passion and I am doing my best to help people learn and be better at their profession... Please do review my courses and provide list of interests that you have so that I can publish those courses as well...