Oracle database utilities - Perform data export / Import
What you'll learn
- Learn how to import csv data into oracle database using SQL Loader
- Perform table. schema level exports using traditional Export Import utility
- Perform table, schema level imports using traditional Export Import utility
- Perform import export of tables and schema using Oracle Data Pump
- You must be an Oracle DBA
- You should know basic database administration
Master oracle utilities with very simple practice exercise which helps you to move data between two oracle databases. Learn how to use oracle utilities to perform data import export into different databases.
Perform entire database, single table or schema level export and import into another Oracle database
- Perform table, schema, row level export using traditional Export Import utility
- Perform table, schema,row level import using traditional Export Import utility
- Perform CSV file import into Oracle database using SLQ * Loader
- Perform table, schema, row level export using Oracle Data Pump Export utility
- Perform table, schema, row level import using Oracle Data Pump Import utility
- Create Oracle Data Pump directory to perform Export and Import
Oracle Data Pump enables very high speed data movement from one database to another
In general, DBA has to perform data Export and Import in real-time environment in order duplicate table or schema from one database to another. Oracle provides utilities in order to easily move data between two oracle databases.
With over 9 lectures, 6 hands on lab activities and 1.5 hrs of video content, you will learn:
- How to invoke oracle utilities
- How to get help for any type of oracle utilities
- How to import a CSV format file inside Oracle database table
- How to create SQL * Loader Control File for CSV import
- How to perform a small table, schema or specific row export using Export Import utility
- How to perform import of same using Export Import utility
- How to create Data Pump directory both at OS level and Database level
- How to perform data Export and Import using high performance Data pump utility
By completing Lab Activities, you will be able to work along with the author and learn Oracle Utilities. You can even download lab activities files and practice on your test machine at home.
Who this course is for:
- Oracle DBA - Any DBA who would like to learn Oracle Utilities
- Oracle Developers - who would like to know how data is exported and imported
- Others - Understand how oracle utilities work
Having more than 11+ years of Oracle Architect experience, I am passionate to teach people "Oracle Database Administration" on various versions like 10g, 11g & 12c. My experience goes below:
1. Experience in cloning using cold backup, hot backup, RMAN and DBCA for Small to Large Databases.
2. Experience in Dataguard implementation and maintenance: Both Physical & Logical standby.
3. Experience in applying database patches using OPatch
4. Performed several database upgrades & migrations
5. Monitoring and Tuning database performance using Enterprise Manager, Scripts
6. Proficient in DBA utilities like RMAN, OEM, SQL* Loader, Export/Import, Data pump, Backup and Recovery.
7. Experience in creating, managing databases, tablespace, users, profile and schema.
8. Oracle database 10g, 11g, 12c Installation on Unix/Linux/Windows environment
9. Database creation and management of database objects and schemas.
10. Good experience in managing Oracle 10g & 11g RAC environments.