Oracle Database RAC Administration (12c and 19c)
What you'll learn
- Understand Oracle RAC database architecture
- Install and create Oracle 12 RAC administrator-managed and policy-managed database
- Perform administration tasks on Oracle RAC
- Manage backup and recovery in Oracle RAC
- Understand the Global Resource Management
- Monitor and tuning Oracle RAC databases
- Create and manage Dynamic Database Services
- Implement Connection Load Balancing and TAF
- Understand and test Application Continuity
- Apply Patch sets on Oracle RAC
- Upgrade Oracle RAC database
- Create and manage Oracle RAC One Node database
- Create and manage an Oracle RAC CDB database
- Manage database server pools in Clusterware
- Understand Oracle Flex Clusters
- Familiarity with Oracle database administration
- Familiarity with Linux operating system basics
- PC with Windows 7,8, or 10 64-bit, Memory 16 GB, Fee HDD 280 GB, connection to the internet
Learn how to build and manage Oracle RAC databases (including releases 12c and 19c) of types: administrator-managed, policy-managed, CDB and RAC One node.
Not only the course will demonstrate the concepts for you, you will also gain practical experience on implementing the them.
Describe Oracle RAC database architecture
Install and create Oracle 12c and 19c RAC database
Perform the administration tasks on Oracle RAC
Manage backup and recovery in Oracle RAC
Monitor and tune Oracle RAC databases
Manage dynamic database services
Implement load balancing, TAF, FAN,and application continuity
Apply patch sets on Oracle RAC
Upgrade Oracle RAC
Create and manage the following:
Oracle RAC One Node databases
Oracle RAC CDB databases
Oracle Policy-managed RAC databases
Describe Oracle Flex Cluster
Remove and Add a node to an Oracle cluster
Content and Overview
Information presented in this course provides Oracle Database Administrators the knowledge and experience to manage Oracle 12c and 19c RAC databases, including administrator-managed, policy-managed, CDB and RAC One node databases.
Through this extensive course of good 58 lectures and more than 18 hours of video-based sessions, you’ll learn all of the managing Oracle 12c RAC databases. After every concepts lecture, you will implement a hands-on practical exercise. To guide you on implementing the practices, the practice lectures are supported by video-based demonstrations and the downloadable guide documents.
Starting with introducing the Oracle RAC Architecture, this course will take you all the away from creating Oracle 12c and 19c two-node RAC databases on a Linux platform of any type: administrator-managed, policy-managed, and CDB, performing administration tasks on Oracle RAC databases, managing backup and recovery in Oracle RAC, managing dynamic database services, implementing load balancing, TAF, FAN, and application continuity, applying patch sets on Oracle RA, upgrading Oracle RAC, and understanding Oracle Flex Cluster.
This is an opportunity for the students to gain practical experience on this Oracle cutting-edge technology without the need for complex hardware components.
Upon completing this course, you will be able to build up an Oracle 12c and 19c RAC database and have the knowledge and experience to manage it.
Join the author in this learning journey to experience this amazing technology!
Who this course is for:
- Oracle Database Administrators who want to learn how to create and manage Oracle 12c RAC databases
Ahmed Baraka has 20 years of extensive experience in the computer industry, with focus on Oracle database administration technologies used in complex and high available environments. Baraka's expertise is designing and maintaining database solutions for complex business needs using a wide selection of technologies, like Oracle RAC, ASM, Data Guard, GoldenGate, WebLogic, Database Appliance, and Enterprise Manager. He has worked with international firms in Australia and Abu Dhabi. His hobbies are soccer (football) and listening to soft music.