Oracle 12C Release 2 Backup and Recovery Using RMAN
What you'll learn
- Backup and recovery concepts in Oracle rman
- Oracle rman Setting up the laboratory environment
- Creating and managing recovery catalog in Oracle backup
- Using flashback Technologies in Oracle
- Backing up the database in oracle
- Reporting on RMAN operations
- Managing RMAN backups
- Using Data Recovery Advisor of Oracle
- Restoring and recovering database and database objects
- Point-in-time recovery concept in Oracle
- Perform all common recovery scenarios
- Perform backups using RMAN
- SQL stands for Structured Query Language—the language developers use to interact with databases to create, read, update, and delete database records and manage
- ANSI created the standard for SQL. Many database vendors, like Oracle, expand on this standard to create their version of the language.
- Oracle SQL is compliant with ANSI SQL standards, with features designed specifically for the Oracle database management system.
- Oracle SQL extends the SQL standard with a procedural language PL/SQL and adds the ability to use the Java programming language.
- What careers use Oracle SQL? Having Oracle SQL skills can add value to many careers.
- The most obvious is being a database administrator in enterprises that use the Oracle database management system.
- SQL dialects are pretty similar, and knowledge of Oracle SQL can apply to many types of relational databases and doesn't limit you to Oracle.
- Database developers also use Oracle SQL all day long to create new databases and table structures.
- Oracle SQL has a simpler syntax than many standard programming languages and reads almost like English.
- 12 GB memory
- 60 GB of free disk space
- A computer with access to the internet
- Basic Computer Knowledge with (Win7/8/10)
- Familiarity with Linux operating system would be beneficial but not required
- Desire to learn oracle rman
- Desire to learn oracle backup
- Desire to learn oracle data recovery
- Desire to learn 12c
- Desire to learn Oracle 12C Release 2 Backup and Recovery
- Nothing else! It’s just you, your computer and your ambition to get started today
Welcome to my Oracle 12C Release 2 Backup and Recovery Using RMAN course.
RMAN Oracle, perform Oracle backup and recovery activities on Oracle Databases and become master using RMAN Oracle
Recovery Manager (RMAN) is an Oracle Database client that performs backup and recovery tasks on your databases and automates the administration of your backup strategies. It greatly simplifies backing up, restoring, and recovering database files. Rman, oracle rman, rman oracle, rman backup, oracle 12c, oracle, data recovery, oracle rman recovery, oracle backup and recovery, backup and recovery, oracle dba, oracle database rman, backup
RMAN also reduces the administration work associated with your backup strategy. RMAN keeps an extensive record of metadata about backups, archived logs, and its own activities, known as the RMAN repository. In restore operations, RMAN can use this information to eliminate the need for you to identify backup files for use in restores in most situations. You can also generate reports of backup activity using the information in the repository.
Through my Oracle 12C Release 2 Backup and Recovery Using RMAN course, you’ll learn everything for using RMAN to manage backup and recovery activities on Oracle databases. After every concepts lecture, you will have a chance to implement a hands-on practical exercise.
This course starts with very basics. First, you will learn how to install the tools. Then the show will start and we will start with introducing the Oracle RMAN architecture, this course will take you all away from performing basic database backup up to implementing advanced backup options on the produced backups. In my RMAN course, you will learn everything with hands-on practice. I'll also teach you the best practices and shortcuts.
At the end of the course;
Backup and recovery concepts in Oracle
Setting up the laboratory environment
Creating and managing the recovery catalog
Using flashback Technologies in Oracle
Backing up the database
Reporting on RMAN operations.
Managing RMAN backups
Using Data Recovery Advisor of Oracle
Restoring and recovering database and database objects.
The point-in-time recovery concept in Oracle will be crystal clear for you.
What is Oracle SQL?
SQL stands for Structured Query Language—the language developers use to interact with databases to create, read, update, and delete database records and manage other aspects of those databases. ANSI created the standard for SQL. Many database vendors, like Oracle, expand on this standard to create their version of the language. Oracle SQL is compliant with ANSI SQL standards, with features designed specifically for the Oracle database management system. This RDBMS was released as the first commercially available relational database management system in 1977 and holds the top market share worldwide for relational database management systems. Oracle SQL extends the SQL standard with a procedural language PL/SQL and adds the ability to use the Java programming language.
What careers use Oracle SQL?
Having Oracle SQL skills can add value to many careers. The most obvious is being a database administrator in enterprises that use the Oracle database management system. But SQL dialects are pretty similar, and knowledge of Oracle SQL can apply to many types of relational databases and doesn't limit you to Oracle. Database developers also use Oracle SQL all day long to create new databases and table structures. Most applications require a database to function, so software engineers and web developers also use Oracle SQL frequently. Data scientists must access data to create machine learning models and find trends, and a lot of this data will get stored in databases that require a knowledge of SQL to retrieve and transform. Business analysts also use Oracle SQL to generate reports that help businesses get to their next stage.
What skills should I have before learning Oracle SQL?
There are no prerequisites to learning Oracle SQL. Oracle SQL has a simpler syntax than many standard programming languages and reads almost like English. Most people can understand what a SQL query is trying to do before they even know the language. All you need is an interest in the language and a commitment to learning. That said, some things could help with your Oracle SQL education if you are already familiar with them. If you are familiar with Excel spreadsheets and understand how columns and rows work, you can apply that knowledge to Oracle database tables. It also helps to know at least the concepts of how a relational database management system works. Also, if you already know a programming language, that will help learn Oracle's extended features like PL/SQL.
Why would you want to take this course?
Our answer is simple: The quality of teaching.
When you enroll, you will feel the OAK Academy`s seasoned developers' expertise.
Step-by-Step Way, Simple and Easy With Exercises
By the end of the course, you’ll have a firm understanding of the Using RMAN and valuable insights on how things work under the hood and you'll also be very confident, and hungry to learn more.u
Video and Audio Production Quality
All our videos are created/produced as high-quality video and audio to provide you the best learning experience.
You will be,
Moving through the course without distractions
You'll also get:
Lifetime Access to The Course
Fast & Friendly Support in the Q&A section
Dive in now to our Oracle 12C Release 2 Backup and Recovery Using RMAN course
We offer full support, answering any questions.
See you in the course!
Who this course is for:
- Anyone who is Oracle Database beginner but wants to become expert
- DBA`s who are looking to sharpen their skills to the expert level
- DBA`s that manage other RDBMS and want to immigrate Oracle
- Anyone who wants to become seasoned DBA
- Anyone who wants to become an Oracle DBA at a big company
- People who want to learn rman backup
- People who want to learn rman oracle
- People who want to learn oracle recovery using rman
By 2024, there will be more than 1 million unfilled computing jobs and the skills gap is a global problem. This was our starting point.
At OAK Academy, we are the tech experts who have been in the sector for years and years. We are deeply rooted in the tech world. We know the tech industry. And we know the tech industry's biggest problem is the “tech skills gap” and here is our solution.
OAK Academy will be the bridge between the tech industry and people who
-are planning a new career
-are thinking career transformation
-want career shift or reinvention,
-have the desire to learn new hobbies at their own pace
Because we know we can help this generation gain the skill to fill these jobs and enjoy happier, more fulfilling careers. And this is what motivates us every day.
We specialize in critical areas like cybersecurity, coding, IT, game development, app monetization, and mobile. Thanks to our practical alignment we are able to constantly translate industry insights into the most in-demand and up-to-date courses,
OAK Academy will provide you the information and support you need to move through your journey with confidence and ease.
Our courses are for everyone. Whether you are someone who has never programmed before, or an existing programmer seeking to learn another language, or even someone looking to switch careers we are here.
OAK Academy here to transforms passionate, enthusiastic people to reach their dream job positions.
If you need help or if you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact our team.