Learn how to build and manage Oracle 12c Multitenant Architecture (including releases 12.1 and 12.2)
Not only the course will demonstrate the concepts for you, you will also gain practical experience on implementing the them.
- Describe the Oracle 12c multitenant architecture
- Create multitenant container database
- Create a pluggable database using different methods:
- Creating a PDB from the seed
- Cloning PDBs from local or remote PDBs including the refreshable PDBs
- Plugging in an Unplugged PDB
- Creating a PDB from a non-CDB database
- Manage the security in a multitenant container:
- Create and manage common and local user accounts and roles
- Manage PDB lockdown profiles
- Perform backup and recovery, PITR and flashback database in a multitenant container
- Use the Resource Manager in a multitenant container
- Use Data Pump utility with PDBs
- Manage the applications, application containers, application PDBs, and common objects
Content and Overview
Information presented in this course, will get the Oracle Database Administrators ready for the next generation of Oracle database. Through this course of 40 lectures and more than 10 hours of video-based sessions, you’ll learn all of the managing Oracle 12c Multitenant Architecture. After every concepts lecture, you will implement a hands-on practical exercise. To guide you on implementing the practices, the practice lectures are supported by video-based demonstrations and the downloadable guide documents.
Starting with introducing the Oracle 12c Multitenant Architecture, this course will take you all the away from creating an Oracle 12c multitenant CDB container on a Linux platform, creating new PDBs using all the possible methods of creating them, managing the security in a multitenant container, implementing the backup and recovery, flashback database, PITR, using the Resource Manager, applying the auditing policies, using the data pump utility, up to managing the applications, application containers, and common objects. The course will cover the multitenant capabilities in the two 12c release: 12.1 and 12.2.
This is an opportunity for the students to gain practical experience on this new Oracle cutting-edge technology, and get themselves ready for managing Oracle databases on the cloud.
Upon completing this course, you will be able to build up an Oracle 12c multitenant container and have the knowledge and experience to manage it.
Join the author in this learning journey to experience this amazing technology!