Oracle 11gR2 RAC - Quick 2-node RAC Deployment Guide
What you'll learn
- Configure 2-node RAC on VirtualBox
- Install Oracle Enterprise Linux 6.5 on 2-nodes of RAC
- Perform OS level pre-requisites before deploying 2-node RAC
- Setup Public and Private Network for RAC nodes
- Configure Shared Storage for ASM (Automatic Storage Management)
- Create partitions on shared storage
- Configure ASM disks and ASM diskgroups
- Install Oracle 11gR2 grid software on both RAC nodes
- Install Oracle RAC software and create RAC database using DBCA
- This course includes instructions on installing Oracle 11gR2 grid and RAC software on 2-node Linux machines
- A computer with min i5 and above processor, 16 GB RAM and 300 GB free disk space
- Must have basic knowledge of Oracle Database, Virtual Box and overview of Oracle RAC
Oracle RAC technology is the advance level of database which is designed to provide high availability and scalability. Oracle RAC is installed on multiple servers and it forms the foundation for database cloud.
Build a Strong Foundation in Oracle grid, Clusterware Installation with this Video Course for Beginners.
- Introduction to clusterware technology
- Oracle cluster node setup
- Oracle 11g grid software installation
- Setup two node RAC
- Create first Oracle RAC database
- Oracle RAC and ASM administration
A strong RAC Beginners Course for IT Professionals World Wide!
Oracle RAC allows multiple computers to run Oracle RDBMS software simultaneously while accessing a single database, thus providing clustering. The main aim of Oracle RAC online course is to implement a clustered database to provide performance, scalability and resilience. It’s a clustered version of Oracle Database based on a comprehensive high availability stack
The Oracle 11gR2 Real Application Clusters Administration course describes the Oracle RAC architecture, hands on experience and Oracle Real Application Clusters multi node installations. This course is for people who have prior knowledge on Oracle database administration and covers knowledge on topics like Oracle RAC Cluster, Oracle AMS, Oracle RAC administration, Oracle RAC Installation, Oracle RAC on VirtualBox and many more.
After the completion of Oracle 11gR2 RAC for Beginners Course, you should be able to:
- Download and install Oracle grid software on Linux
- Create RAC database on Oracle grid clusterware software
- Master two node RAC installation
- Configure Shared storage for two node RAC
- Setup public and private network
- Understand ASM instance and ASM disks
- Perform RAC installation pre-requisites smoothly
Who this course is for:
- This course is for DBAs who would like to quickly setup 2-node RAC at home for practice
- Any Oracle Applications DBA who would like to setup 2-node RAC on virtualBox
- For new DBAs who are not able to setup 2-node RAC at home for practice
- This course is not for DBA who is expecting to learn entire Oracle RAC
Having more than 11+ years of Oracle Architect experience, I am passionate to teach people "Oracle Database Administration" on various versions like 10g, 11g & 12c. My experience goes below:
1. Experience in cloning using cold backup, hot backup, RMAN and DBCA for Small to Large Databases.
2. Experience in Dataguard implementation and maintenance: Both Physical & Logical standby.
3. Experience in applying database patches using OPatch
4. Performed several database upgrades & migrations
5. Monitoring and Tuning database performance using Enterprise Manager, Scripts
6. Proficient in DBA utilities like RMAN, OEM, SQL* Loader, Export/Import, Data pump, Backup and Recovery.
7. Experience in creating, managing databases, tablespace, users, profile and schema.
8. Oracle database 10g, 11g, 12c Installation on Unix/Linux/Windows environment
9. Database creation and management of database objects and schemas.
10. Good experience in managing Oracle 10g & 11g RAC environments.