Options Trading 101: The Basics
- No previous trading experience necessary
- Computer and internet connection required
If you're completely new (or even fairly new) to options trading, then this course was created just for you. We've broken down each section into the most important topics which will help you quickly build the foundation and knowledge required before proceeding on to more advanced option trading concepts.
Understanding options is not always easy, but if an investor wants to take control of his/her financial destiny, options trading strategies can provide many advantages over other investment vehicles. Leverage, limited risk, insurance, profiting in bull or bear markets and even when the market is going nowhere.
Nobody cares about your money and investment success more than you do, so take the first step in learning to manage your own investments so that you don't have to pay exorbitant fees to fund managers who get paid whether they make money for you or not. This is not a get-rich-quick scheme. However, if you are interested in learning how to get started with stock and futures options to generate consistent monthly income, this course if for you.
Who this course is for:
- You should take this course if...
- You want to learn the type of trading done by hedge funds, market makers and professional floor traders
- You would like to make high probability trades with win rates of over 85%
- 02:07Introduction and Risk Disclosure
- 03:58Why Trade Options?
- 06:25What is an Option?
- 02:11The Moneyness of Options
- 02:40Closing an Options Position
- 01:33Open Interest and Volume
- 02:19Option Pricing
- 04:31Implied Volatility
- 02:03An Example of an Option Contract
- 03:59Why Sell Options?
Aram Basmadjian is the founder and lead trading coach at Trade with Aram. He has been trading options for nearly 30 years and utilizes his passion for investments and trading to teach others to actively manage their own investments.
After wasting lots of time and money on various option trading "schemes", I learned that by following some conservative principles, it is possible to generate consistent and healthy returns as an options trader.