Options for Newbies
What you'll learn
- The student will have a thorough exposure and explanation to what options are, why trade them, their place as a resource to mitigate risk and create a source of steady income.
- Options have gotten a bad rap in the media, and there is a lot of misunderstanding about the stock market and how to profit from it.
- This course is meant to examine and lay to rest the misconceptions about options, and teach the student the benefits of trading judiciously in this exciting field.
- The focus of the course is on options, but specifically call options - buying calls and selling calls, with the target learning being on generating monies by selling covered calls.
- The student should have access to a computer with internet connectivity.
- The student must have basic computer skills, including doing moderate research.
This course is intended for the beginning and intermediate trader/investor who wants to learn how to generate a steady income by selling covered calls. This is a very popular technique that is considered safe enough that the government allows you to do it in your IRA account. The technique is fairly easy to understand, but there are characteristics of all options that must be understood before one embarks on any financial endeavor.
The course is also a terrific review for the intermediate student, one who has dipped his or her toe in the trading universe, and wants to expand his/her knowledge and practice.
All stocks and options mentioned are for illustration purposes only. No specific recommendations are made.
Who this course is for:
- From teenagers to adults, anyone who is hungry to learn how to manage money, specifically how to increase his/her wealth by generating another source of income safely within the bounds of his/her budget.
- The student who is eager to take control of his/her own future and that of his family by understanding a new financial product.
I have been trading the stock market - and options in particular - since 1997. In the past 23 years, I have made my share of mistakes, but have also engendered some very significant profits with options, and have decided to share my knowledge and expertise with the public with several courses dealing with various options concepts, as well as the risks and benefits of learning to trade options.
Additionally, I am an author and audiobook narrator of over 35 books (Audible), and continue my pursuit of writing and publishing.