The Optimum Fitness System for Fitness and Rehab Specialists
- Having some experience in teaching proper exercise technique will help but is not mandatory.
- Having a knowledge base of chronic conditions, medication useage, contraindications, and side effects, and first aid will help but is not mandatory.
- Being certified in CPR, ALS, and/or PALS will help but is not mandatory.
- Knowledge of human anatomy and physiology.
- Understanding of kinesiology and human movement science.
- Experience in conducting a Pre-Activity Screening and Risk Stratification is recommended.
The Optimum Fitness System (OFS) educational course is designed for any individual involved in health, fitness, and performance training as well as rehabilitation specialists (physical therapists, athletic trainers, etc.). The OFS is a comprehensive program designed in a systematic and progressive fashion to allow for fitness and rehabilitation specialists to ensure a both safe and progressive program design, including; how to conduct a Pre-Activity Screening and Fitness Assessment, assess for movement impairments and how to prescribe corrective exercises based on the noted impairments, core and joint stabilization training, strength and power training, and the concepts of sport specificity.
The OFS educational program is provided in various educational formats. Lectures are provided in video format. The OFS Program Design Manual follows along the systematic and progressive program describing in further details what is reviewed in the video lectures. The manual also contains all of the templates needed, from the Pre-Activity Screening to Monthly Training Log. A word document of all the templates is provided as well allowing for any adjustments students would like to make. For example, the student may choose to remove the “Power-Up” logo and add their own, truly making this course an immediate “Turn Key” business opportunity.
The OFS educational program covers a great deal of “hands-on” training activities. It is recommended that the student have another participant with them in order to practice the activities reviewed. This may assist with better understanding and long term memory development of each technique. To further ensure an enhanced knowledge base a quiz is provided at the end of each section. Depending on the students level of experience this course may take anywhere from 2-4 hours.
Whether you’re looking to start an immediate and complete personal training business or hoping to enhance your current knowledge base this course is for you.
- Personal Trainers
- Wellness Coaches
- Physical Therapists
- Strength and Conditioning Specialists
- Sport Coaches
- Group Fitness Instructors
- Any individual who wants to learn how to safley start and progress an exercise program.
- Introduction To Optimum Fitness Training03:24
- Fitness Assessment09:05
- Overhead Squat Assessment03:22
- Introduction, Fitness Assessment, and Overhead Squat.10 questions
- Corrective Exercise Training05:28
- Pronation Distortion Corrective Exercise Video11:15
- Knees Move Inward Corrective Exercise Video09:28
- Excessive Forward Lean Corrective Exercise Video06:56
- Arms Fall Forward Corrective Exercise Video08:09
- Corrective Exercise Training10 questions
- Stabilization Training04:40
- Warm-Up Exercise Instruction Video01:55
- Cool-Down Exercise Instruction Video03:06
- Phase 2: Stabilization-Power Exercise Video01:52
- Phase 2: Stabilization-Strength Exercise Video03:55
- Phase 2: Stabilization-Balance Exercise Video00:28
- Phase 2: Stabilization-Core Exercise Video03:29
- Phase 2: Stabilization-Speed, Agility, Quickness Exercise Video00:28
- Stabilization Training10 questions
- Strength Training05:28
- Phase 3: Strength-Power Exercise Instruction Video01:33
- Phase 3: Strength-Strength Exercise Instruction Video03:00
- Phase 3: Strength-Balance Exercise Instruction Video00:31
- Phase 3: Strength-Core Exercise Instruction Video02:06
- Phase 3: Strength-Speed, Agility, Quickness Exercise Instruction Video00:44
- Strength Training10 questions
- Power Training05:29
- Phase 4: Power-Power Exercise Instruction Video01:37
- Phase 4: Power-Strength Exercise Instruction Video02:56
- Phase 4: Power-Balance Exercise Instruction Video00:39
- Phase 4: Power-Core Exercise Instruction Video01:00
- Phase 4: Power-Speed, Agility, Quickness Exercise Instruction Video00:49
- Power Training10 questions
- Program Design05:24
- Program Design10 questions
It’s generally accepted that it takes 10 years or 10,000 hours of practice to be considered an expert in any given field. Travis Hyer has been involved in the health, fitness, and performance training fields for over 20 years. His passion started initially with personal training. After a couple of years he decided to integrate training with rehabilitation by earning an associate’s degree as a physical therapist assistant. During his 17 years practicing physical therapy he continued his education and earned his exercise physiologist and certified strength and conditioning specialist credentials.
Over the years Travis has earned numerous advanced specializations and group fitness credentials in order to stay on top of the ever changing and advancing fitness profession. Wanting to provide superior service for those suffering from such chronic conditions as diabetes, obesity, cancer, osteoporosis, fibromyalgia, and arthritis he decided to return to college for four more years and obtained his bachelor’s degree in nursing.
Specializing in orthopedic sports medicine, his other areas of expertise include weight-loss programming, conditioning with chronic conditions (diabetes, arthritis, cancer, etc.), sports performance and personal training, and pre/post-surgical exercise programs.
Travis also enjoys keeping people physically active by getting outdoors and engaging in such activities as hiking, kayaking, and exploring. After years of trying to find a local outdoors club to join he finally decided to start his own, The Power-Up Outdoors Club (POC).
Favorite saying: “Power-Up!”
Words of wisdom: “Never stop learning.”