Optimal Sizing of Hybrid Renewable Energy Systems with Homer
What you'll learn
- Designing an integrated renewable energy System For remote Microgrid (Off-Grid)
- Designing an integrated renewable energy System For Urban Microgrid (Grid-Connected)
- Techno-economic assessment of energy systems using Homer software
- Results evaluation and understaning the economic parameters
- improving the levelized cost of energy
- No requirement
Due to environmental challenges and the depletion of fossil fuels, renewable energies are getting so much attention. However, due to the intermittent characteristic of renewable energies, using them as standalone mode could not be reliable. Therefore we need to integrate renewable technologies together to solve this issue. the integrated system needs to be optimally sized to reduce the cost and economically feasible.
To achieve this aim and size and manage our integrated energy system model, we want to develop our model in Homer software. Homer software will then perform optimization on our model to minimize the net present cost of the system.
In this course, I tried to explain all you need for designing your system and technically and economically assessment of it using Homer software for the first time on the Udemy website.
What you will learn in this course:
The basic technical and economic concepts of integration of renewable energy systems
Homer Software interface
How to calculate required parameters
Import data to and export the results from Homer
Several real projects (Hands-on Homer)
Final evaluation of the results
This course is not theory and will give you this opportunity to learn to design energy systems as fast as possible by hands-on projects.
I am so excited to start this course with you and ready to answer all your questions in the comments.
Who this course is for:
- Beginner Students in Optimization and Sizing of Renewable Energy Systems
- Researchers that want to create a pilot renewable energy system
- Experts and companies that are active in the renewable energy area
- owners of the renewable equipment and interested self-generators
My name is Navid Shirzaid and I am super excited that you are here to read this section!
I am a researcher with more than 7 years of experience in the field of controlling integrated energy systems with extensive skill in using mathematical optimization strategies.
I am also proficient in coding with Python and developing machine learning and deep learning models for different applications.
I have several publications in the field of designing and control strategies of energy systems using machine learning, deep learning, and artificial intelligence.
To Conclude, I am passionate about Data Science and Machine Learning, and Optimization applications in real-world problems and I really like to share my experience with you!