Operations research, applications to industrial engineering
What you'll learn
- Modeling real-world problems with linear and integer programs
- Solving linear and integer programs with Excel
- The assignment problem
- The lot-sizing problem
- Basic knowledge about mathematics, e.g., inequalities and variables
Operations research is the use of advanced mathematics to tackle tough business problems and it is widely used in areas such as logistics, engineering, finance, and healthcare. The methods of operations research have saved easily millions of dollars by allowing companies and other organizations to make better decisions that save resources.
In this course, you will learn how you can use operations research!
This course covers the following topics:
integer linear programming
You will learn how to tackle a real-world problem with the techniques of operations research: formulate a problem as a linear program or an integer program and then solve it. We will see this with concrete operations research examples like the versatile assignment problem, the lot-sizing problem, and even your next dinner party! Then you will learn how you can solve these models easily with a program that you had been using all the time: Excel!
You need to know only some basic mathematical concepts like variables and inequalities. I will explain you everything else!
This course is great for
Professionals who want to improve their skillset to compete better in today's job market
Executives in the industry who want to optimize processes in their companies
Industrial or manufacturing engineering graduates & undergraduates
University students taking a course in Operations Research
Computer scientists who want to learn a new and extremely useful skill
Operations research is a great technology with lots of applications. I am sure that you will benefit a lot from learning operations research!
Who this course is for:
- Professionals who want to improve their skillset to compete better in today's job market
- Executives in industry who want to optimize processes in their companies
- Industrial or manufacturing engineering graduates & undergraduates
- University students taking a course in Operations Research
- Computer scientists who want to learn a new and extemely useful skill
Ich finde Mathematik und Informatik sehr spannend und mir macht es großen Spaß Kurse zu diesen Themen zu unterrichten und in diesem Bereich zu forschen. Ich habe schon viele Vorlesungen zu Themen wie Optimierung, effiziente Algorithmen und Machine Learning gehalten und dafür sehr positive Evaluationsergebnisse der Studierenden bekommen. Ich habe in Mathematik promoviert, war einige Zeit Post-Doc und bin jetzt Professor.