Operations Management for Business Excellence
What you'll learn
- You will understand the basic principles of Operations Management, which would give you the ability to achieve business excellence, increase the efficiency and effectiveness of your processes.
- This course will teach you how to improve, manage, and regulate all aspects of a successful manufacturing operations infrastructure.
- You’ll develop the ability to design and oversee an effective master production schedule that makes the best possible use of your manufacturing resources.
- You will understand the concept and philosophy of Productivity and the ways to improve the same.
- You will understand the techniques of Industrial Engineering with practical illustrations.
- You’ll learn the best way to apply ergonomics to work systems and design of Product.
- You shall fully understand the methods of facility planning leading to the choice of best Plant Location and design of an optimum Layout.
- You’ll learn the basics of Sales forecasting and Qualitative and Quantitative methods to reach the best demand forecast estimates.
- You’ll understand how to apply the principles of capacity planning and management to determining capacity utilization of machines and its use for input/output control.
- You will understand the methodology and approach of Total Quality Management (TQM), which an Operations Manager must understand.
- You will understand the various Costs of Quality and through this approach you would learn how to increase profit, besides assuring Quality.
- On completion of the course, you would gain sufficient skills to build, develop and sustain an effective operations management system including ERP for business excellence required to become a world-class organization.
- Desire to improve your business operations.
- Ability to understand basic concepts of operations and working knowledge in an organisation is preferred.
Operations Management forms the core function in the transformation of Inputs into Outputs. Through the application of the concepts taught in this course, you will develop the skills for carrying out these processes very effectively and efficiently.
Operational excellence will give you an edge over your competitors. This is just the right course in case of the following:
You want to understand the basics of Operations Management and wish to put yourself on a strong foundation of Operations Management concepts.
Working as an executive in the field of Operations Management, Production Management, Production Planning and Marketing.
Those who always felt the need for augmentation and strengthening of basic concepts and techniques of Operations Management.
Working as GM or even CEO and want to refresh your concepts in order to achieve operational excellence in the organization to take it one level up
Appearing in any certification course.
Students pursuing courses of MBA or other business administration courses.
Who this course is for:
- Students pursuing course in MBA or other business management courses.
- Executives working in the areas of Operations Management, Production Management, Production Planning and Marketing.
- Senior executives like GM and even CEOs for refreshing their concepts.
Mr. M P Tyagi has been a top management professional with a brilliant academic carrier. He has worked in the corporate sector for more than 40 years. He has worked in top reputed companies in India in very senior positions, which were mostly brand leaders. He has worked in large manufacturing organizations and has in-depth experience of working in the field of Industrial Engineering, Operations, Quality Management, and Engineering. He retired as Executive Director of a reputed Multi-National Company. He is now taking advisory and consultancy assignments in organizations in the field of Quality and general management.
1. Worked as Management Representative when ISO 9001 was implemented in his company.
2. Past President of Management Association.
3. Past President of the regional chapter of the Indian Rubber Institute.
4. Was awarded by the Rotary Club for his Managerial Excellence.
5. Worked as Guest faculty in reputed Management Institutions in Quality Management and TQM.
6. He has written a number of papers in reputed Indian and international journals.
7. He has also started his own YouTube channel ‘MP Tyagi - Experience speaks’, where a number of videos have already been published focusing on professional growth.
8. He had the good fortune of meeting and interacting with Quality Guru Philip Crosby personally.