Operations Management: Operations and the Organization
What you'll learn
- Match key functional areas of operations with the type of decisions they are typically involved in.
- Identify key differences between service and manufacturing organizations.
- Match each phase of the process used to formulate organizational strategy with actions typically performed at that phase.
- Identify categorize different types of transformation characteristics of manufacturing and service operations strategies.
- This course has no special requirements or prerequisites
The course on Operations Management and the Organization is part of the Operations Management Training Program which includes a number of eight sections also presented as individual courses for your convenience.
The course addresses the basics of operations management in both manufacturing and service organizations. You will learn
about the distinction between manufacturing and service operations and about how they may be combined in modern organizations.
what operations management is and the eight functional areas it covers.
about the concept of organizational strategy, the four-phase process for formulating this strategy, and how the strategy should be aligned with operations strategy in manufacturing and services contexts, and
about the transformational model for understanding operations and about four kinds of transformation that businesses engage in.
This course will provide you with important foundational knowledge of operations management. This can help you better understand how achieving excellence in operations management can give your organization a competitive advantage.
That’s it! Now go ahead and push that “Take this course” button, and see you on the inside!
Who this course is for:
- Anyone working in operations management or another functional area, who is looking to gain a working understanding of the operations functions in a service or manufacturing organization
Sorin Dumitrascu here! I'm a certified trainer, project manager, and public manager with over 15 years of experience in managing, consulting and designing and delivering online training courses.
I have a Masters degree in International Relations and Policy Making, a Bachelor degree in Public Administration and a professional degree of Public Manager.
I'm specialised in business management, HR management, career development, project management, operations management and business analysis certification and career development courses.
I teach what I practice. I currently work, as a consultant and instructor, in various projects of United Nations, European Union, national and international NGOs and private companies - providing expertise in general management, industrial relations, prisons and corrections and adult education.
Whether you're looking to upskill or simply need guidance, I'm here to help you reach your goals!
#Training #Certified #PublicManager #BusinessManagement #HRManagement #ProjectManagement #OperationsManagement #BusinessAnalysis