Operations Management: Operations and the Organization
What you'll learn
- Match key functional areas of operations with the type of decisions they are typically involved in.
- Identify key differences between service and manufacturing organizations.
- Match each phase of the process used to formulate organizational strategy with actions typically performed at that phase.
- Identify categorize different types of transformation characteristics of manufacturing and service operations strategies.
- This course has no special requirements or prerequisites
The course on Operations Management and the Organization is part of the Operations Management Training Program which includes a number of eight sections also presented as individual courses for your convenience.
The course addresses the basics of operations management in both manufacturing and service organizations. You will learn
about the distinction between manufacturing and service operations and about how they may be combined in modern organizations.
what operations management is and the eight functional areas it covers.
about the concept of organizational strategy, the four-phase process for formulating this strategy, and how the strategy should be aligned with operations strategy in manufacturing and services contexts, and
about the transformational model for understanding operations and about four kinds of transformation that businesses engage in.
This course will provide you with important foundational knowledge of operations management. This can help you better understand how achieving excellence in operations management can give your organization a competitive advantage.
That’s it! Now go ahead and push that “Take this course” button, and see you on the inside!
Who this course is for:
- Anyone working in operations management or another functional area, who is looking to gain a working understanding of the operations functions in a service or manufacturing organization
Sorin Dumitrascu is a man with many talents and a passion for helping others grow and develop. He has been involved in the development and delivery of courses on management, computer literacy, human resources, career development, and more for over 15 years.
Sorin is also a certified trainer and project manager, with a master's degree in International Relations and Policy Making as well as a bachelor's degree in Law and Public Administration. He has coordinated projects in the areas of rule of law, regional development, and human resources for over a decade.
Sorin has an extensive background in civil service, private sector and NGO work. He has more than 15 years of managerial experience in justice, corrections, internal affairs, training, project management and consultancy within the private sector and NGO.
Additionally, he is certified as an ICDL tester and trainer for United Nations Peacekeeping Missions and holds a professional degree in public management.