OpenStack and NFV (TelcoCloud)
What you'll learn
- Excellent Hands-On experience on all the OpenStack & NFV components. Build your own lab (for free) & create VMs & VNFs
- Completely understand the purpose of Virtualization & Cloud computing & also understand why Openstack is essential for mobile operators.
- Excellent understanding & decoupling of TelcoCloud components. Journey of a legacy Telco node from a proprietory machine to a Virtual network function (VNF).
- Capacity planning for cloud infrastructure, Deep dive in Openstack networking concepts, Basic linux hands-on
- ETSI - MANO, NFV & SDN concepts
- Absolutely nothing. I cover everything from scratch however, it will be good to have basic knowledge of Linux & Networking
- No programming knowledge required.
- You just need your own time & zeal to learn this course. The biggest prerequisite is our own will-power. Rest, be assured about the contents
For DISCOUNT COUPONS please connect with me over email or LinkedIn
This course contains theory & practice for all the components of OpenStack & that too in the context of a telco cloud i.e. in the context of NFV.
The main challenge in learning OpenStack is to get a lab for practice. In this course, we will learn how to build our own lab of OpenStack on Google cloud for free, so that you have a lab to practice even after the completion of the course. However, this lab is not the exact replica of a production-grade data center. Around 80% of tasks can be performed here as compared to the actual environment.
The course has been designed considering the daily job of a Telco cloud operations engineer but, anyone who is interested to understand Telco cloud or Openstack, in general, can benefit from this course. It contains core concepts of NFV, VNF, ETSI/MANO, SDN & the overall cloudification of the core network & RAN.
We will create flavors, images, VMs & VNFs during the course so that, you get a real-time experience of the technology.
Module-1 Virtualization & Cloud computing
Module-2 Public & Private cloud
Module-3 Telco cloud infrastructure
Module-4 OpenStack components
Module-5 Setup GCP account
Module-6 Basic Linux practice
Module-7 Openstack Connectivity, node types & documentation
Module-8 Building OpenStack lab on GCP
Module-9 Exploring the CLI & GUI in OpenStack
Module-10 Creating virtual machines & related components
Module-11 User & Projects management
Module-12 VM migration & evacuation
Module-13 OpenStack networking
Module-14 NFV & ETSI MANO
Module-15 Traffic flows
Module-16 Software-defined networking (SDN)
Course exclusions (not included in the course) -
Vendor-specific OpenStack customization
VNF lifecycle management
Scale-out/in (addition/deletion) of a compute server
Integration of OpenStack with any external tool or API
Who this course is for:
- Any Telecom Engineer who wants to shift his career from Legacy to Cloud - System integrators, RAN engineers, Core network, Packet core , RF , Maintenence (O&M), Transmission, Configuration, Network
- Sales people - Sales engineers, Pre-sales enginners, Solution engineers
- Managers - Project managers, Product managers, Incident & Problem managers
- Budding TelcoCloud enthusiasts who aspires to be a - Solution architect, Solution designer, Cloud engineer, Cloud integrator, etc
- Any managment executive who wants to understand NFV & OpenStack
I am in the technical training space for a decade. I am a member of the Nokia learning department for the course creation & delivery of Telco cloud products. I was a member of Ericsson's training department for Ericsson GSM products.
I can summarize myself as -
A troubleshooter by profession
A trainer by passion
A technical content creator for expression
(((All 3 in the Telco cloud space)))
Qualifications - Bachelor of Engineering in Electronics & Communication in 2005.
Total exp - 16 years as a CARE engineer for RAN & TelcoCloud products.
Designation - A Technical CARE Specialist in Nokia.
Technical Skills - Infrastructure, SDN & Networking, Cloud-native & Telecom.
Infrastructure - Linux & Openstack
SDN & Networking - IP networking, Switching & Routing, VLAN & VxLAN, OVS, SRIOV & Nuage SDN components.
Cloud-native & Telecom - Kubernetes, 4G and 5G Architecture including (5G deployment options), Legacy RAN expert (GSM & WCDMA)