OpenStack and NFV (TelcoCloud)
What you'll learn
- Excellent Hands-On experience on all the OpenStack & NFV components. Build your own lab (for free) & create VMs & VNFs
- Completely understand the purpose of Virtualization & Cloud computing & also understand why Openstack is essential for mobile operators.
- Excellent understanding & decoupling of TelcoCloud components. Journey of a legacy Telco node from a proprietory machine to a Virtual network function (VNF).
- Capacity planning for cloud infrastructure, Deep dive in Openstack networking concepts, Basic linux hands-on
- ETSI - MANO, NFV & SDN concepts
- Advanced OpenStack topics for VNF performance like CPU pinning, NUMA awareness & Hugepages
- Advanced networking topics like OVS, DPDK & SRIOV
- Absolutely nothing. I cover everything from scratch however, it will be good to have basic knowledge of Linux & Networking
- No programming knowledge required.
- You just need your own time & zeal to learn this course. The biggest prerequisite is our own will-power. Rest, be assured about the contents
For C O U P O N S please use the code in the format of "Initial 3 letters of the month -YEAR". For ex -
JAN-2024 for January
FEB-2024 for February
and so on
Kindly connect with me on LinkedIn or by email. See the details in my Bio section
This course contains theory & practice for all the components of OpenStack & that too in the context of a telco cloud i.e. in the context of NFV.
The main challenge in learning OpenStack is to get a lab for practice. In this course, we will learn how to build our own lab of OpenStack on Google cloud for free, so that you have a lab to practice even after the completion of the course. However, this lab is not the exact replica of a production-grade data center. Around 80% of tasks can be performed here as compared to the actual environment.
The course has been designed considering the daily job of a Telco cloud operations engineer but, anyone who is interested to understand Telco cloud or Openstack, in general, can benefit from this course. It contains core concepts of NFV, VNF, ETSI/MANO, SDN & the overall cloudification of the core network & RAN.
We will create flavors, images, VMs & VNFs during the course so that, you get a real-time experience of the technology.
Module-1 Virtualization & Cloud computing
Module-2 Public & Private cloud
Module-3 Telco cloud infrastructure
Module-4 OpenStack components
Module-5 Setup GCP account
Module-6 Basic Linux practice
Module-7 Openstack Connectivity, node types & documentation
Module-8 Building OpenStack lab on GCP
Module-9 Exploring the CLI & GUI in OpenStack
Module-10 Creating virtual machines & related components
Module-11 User & Projects management
Module-12 VM migration & evacuation
Module-13 OpenStack networking
Module-14 NFV & ETSI MANO
Module-15 Traffic flows
Module-16 Software-defined networking (SDN)
Module-17 Advanced OpenStack topics
Course exclusions (not included in the course) -
Vendor-specific OpenStack customization
VNF lifecycle management
Scale-out/in (addition/deletion) of a compute server
Integration of OpenStack with any external tool or API
Who this course is for:
- Any Telecom Engineer who wants to shift his career from Legacy to Cloud - System integrators, RAN engineers, Core network, Packet core , RF , Maintenence (O&M), Transmission, Configuration, Network
- Sales people - Sales engineers, Pre-sales enginners, Solution engineers
- Managers - Project managers, Product managers, Incident & Problem managers
- Budding TelcoCloud enthusiasts who aspires to be a - Solution architect, Solution designer, Cloud engineer, Cloud integrator, etc
- Any managment executive who wants to understand NFV & OpenStack
Asad has a wide range of experience in the telecom space & he is also a trainer for more than ten years. He is a telco-cloud professional & specializes in the deployment & technical support of NFV-based telco-cloud datacenters.
His skills include OpenStack & Kubernetes. He is also a legacy RAN expert & which is why he holds a better understanding of the complete picture in this domain. He is passionate about teaching difficult concepts in an easy way & has created courses on Udemy to serve the same purpose. He has worked with giants of telecom across his career like Alcatel-Lucent, Nokia & Ericsson. He was a member of Ericsson’s training department for GSM courses & also a part of Nokia’s learning department for the creation of courses on TelcoCloud products.
I can summarize myself as -
A troubleshooter by profession
A trainer by passion
A technical content creator for expression
(((All 3 in the Telco cloud space)))
Qualifications - Bachelor of Engineering in Electronics & Communication in 2005.
Designation - Currently serving as a Systems Solution Architect at Ericsson, Bangalore, India
Technical Skills - Infrastructure, SDN & Networking, Cloud-native & Telecom.
Infrastructure - Linux & Openstack
SDN & Networking - IP networking, Switching & Routing, VLAN & VxLAN, OVS, SRIOV & Nuage SDN components.
Cloud-native & Telecom - RedHat products (SNO, ACM, etc) Kubernetes, 4G and 5G Architecture including (5G deployment options), Legacy RAN expert (GSM & WCDMA)
E M A I L - gsm dot asad at gmail dot com