Introduction to OpenOffice Writer: Tutorials for Beginners
- 2 hours on-demand video
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and TV
- Certificate of Completion
Get your team access to 4,000+ top Udemy courses anytime, anywhere.Try Udemy for Business
- write quality documents in OpenOffice Writer after gaining a grasp of the software's capabilities
- integrate commonly used Writer tools to become more efficient within the program
- point to almost every spot within OpenOffice and know what it does
- You will need OpenOffice which you can get at http://www.openoffice.org/. The class's 2nd video demonstrates how to get the program if you have trouble.
- The basics of writing any kind of document within OpenOffice Writer
- Hours of commentated video footage where we'll go piece by piece learning the software
- Explore what each tool in the menu does and how to use them effectively
- Make OpenOffice yours by customizing your workspace and understanding every component
- We start with the basics and expand outward into all of the major components and dialog windows that you need to know about.
- Especially made for beginners, students, and office software enthusiasts.
- Those who are new to the program or want to discover new tools inside Writer.
- Also good for students used to Microsoft Word but who haven't tried OpenOffice much
OpenOffice is a free alternative to other office suites such as Microsoft Word. Why should we use it beyond that simple fact?
In this video, we cover some key highlights for OpenOffice such as
- Software is compatible with all major operating systems (Windows, Mac, Linux)
- More than just OpenOffice Writer - You get Calc, Base, Math, Draw, and Impress as well.
- Open source and has plenty of free community inspired content
- Over 100 million downloads to date - Super popular software