Openlayers 6 From Scratch With A Project
What you'll learn
- Basics of OpenLayers
- All the Key Concepts of OpenLayers
- Raster Layers - Tiled Raster Layers, Raster Sources, Tiled ArcGISRest, TileWMS, Static Raster Images
- Vector layers - Vector Tile Layers, Vector Image Layer, Heatmap, Graticule
- Interacting with Vector Layer Features
- Styling Vector Layers - points, lines, and polygons, using images as point symbols, styling based on feature properties
- Learn How to Manage Multi-layers
- Projections and Coordinate Reference Systems - different projections, coordinate transformations, and reprojecting of geospatial data
- Map Interactions
- Map Controls - styling and manipulating map controls
- Geolocation API
- Geospatial formats and standards
- Learn and Build a Complete OpenLayers Project
- And much much more!
This course focuses on the latest version of the Openlayers 6, and is the most comprehensive and modern Openlayers course you can find in UDEMY. It starts with very basics and goes all the way to advanced concepts. Once we master all the Openlayers concepts, we build a complete Openlayers project in the last section.
By the end of this course, you can build amazing web mapping applications using Openlayers.
More details about what the course covers
Introduction to Openlayers library
Setting up the environment
Introduction to key concepts and components of Openlayers
Raster layers including Tiled Raster Layers, Raster Sources, Tiled ArcGISRest, TileWMS, Static Raster Images
Vector layers including Vector Tile Layers, Vector Image Layer, Heatmap, Graticule
Interacting with Vector Layer Features
Styling Vector layers including styling of points, lines, and polygons, using images as point symbols, styling based on feature properties
Projections and Coordinate Reference Systems including different projections, coordinate transformations, and reprojecting of geospatial data
Interactions in Openlayers
Controls including styling and manipulating map controls
And much more!
Who this course is for:
- People that want to learn web mapping using OpenLayers
- GIS (Geographic Information Science) professionals and students
Ikrom has been programming for around 10 years and actively works with modern geospatial technologies and web technologies. Ikrom is currently a PhD student at Curtin University in Australia, where he is doing research on the geospatial semantic web. He holds a master's degree in Geoinformatics and a bachelor's degree in Computer Science.