Practical OpenGL and GLSL shaders fundamentals with C++
What you'll learn
- Learn OpenGL and GLSL
- Explore the modern rendering pipeline and shaders
- Feed the vertex data - to buffers (VBO) and setup the buffer formats
- Play with Shaders and GLSL
- Make fun procedural computer graphics
- Learn 3D transformations: rotation, scale and perspective projection
- Load and draw textures (sprites)
- Render the 3D geometry
- Basic C++ knowledge (Visual studio, XCode)
- No prior OpenGL or CG knowledge is required!
Welcome to the OpenGL, GLSL and computer graphics course!
It is practical and illustrated program, designed to give you a visual intuition and practical skills to program computer graphics using OpenGL, GLSL and C ++
It is raw concentrated squeeze of OpenGL and GLSL knowledge (no "water"! no long talks that make you fall asleep)
The course is designed to start from fundamentals - and move to advanced topics like shaders, matrices, transformations, GLSL language, raster effects, texturing and shading.
In fact, the course is very easy to master. Because it is practical, visually illustrated and has code samples and live coding sessions.
It's created to help you develop the visual intuition about 3D programming models (so I developed some beautiful illustrations and visualizations - just to show you how things work "under the hood")
It will help you to build the proper mental models, patterns, and coding skills - to grasp the underlying concepts and internal elegancy of OpenGL machinery, as well as 3D math (because they're tricky)
There are live coding sessions and you get the full access to the source code
The course covers all important topics of modern OpenGL, such as:
- geometry, and buffers, VBOs and VAOs
- transformations and matrices, matrix hierarchy
- shaders and GLSL
- procedural art (and GLSL shaders-generated images)
So feel free to explore it and I hope you'll enjoy it just as I did during its creation
Who this course is for:
- Computer Graphics students
- OpenGL game developers
- Computer graphics enthusiasts
- Game developers
I love computers, computer graphics / rendering and animations, very enthusiastic about C++ because of its efficiency, template meta-programming and other neat features, zero-cost abstractions paradigm.
Created my first software with Turbo Pascal for DOS ) Impressed with demoscene, assembly language, 80386 programming, etc.
Now work on a freelance base on various cross-platform projects (C++, OpenGL ES, mobile platforms iOS, Android)