Open the Window to your Soul: Using Art to Pray more deeply
What you'll learn
- The learner will engage 4 ways to create a prayer practice.
- The learner will journal and create in ways that help them to 'unlearn' the old constructs of prayer.
- The learner will understand ways in which their identity can become more clear through prayer and meditation.
- the learner will have a more confident outlook for prayer and meditation as a way to create a more satisfying life.
- Wifi for watching videos
- A way to copy the resources throughout the course
- basic art supplies like crayons, markers, copy paper, construction paper, glue and scissors
You know the value of have a regular prayer and meditation practice. Perhaps, at one time, you had this type of practice as a meaningful part of your life. But then, perhaps life 'happened.' More life then the practice you had in place could hold up to. And maybe you took a break from this whole idea of what it means to get quiet and be patient and ask for things and wait ... only to be disappointed.
This course invites you to 'unlearn' all the rules that you have heard about prayer. You will have access to four distinct ways to have conversations with God which not only help you feel a true relationship with Him but also ignites your understanding of your personal identity.
This course sets the tone for the way to approach the practice of prayer and meditation in a way that will grow and change organically in the very ways that life moves.
Are you ready for a more practical approach the practice of prayer and meditation?
As a spiritual director and creativity facilitator, I offer ways that transcend the idea that words are the only way to connect, engage and feel 'heard.' True wisdom comes from someplace DEEPER.
Who this course is for:
- The student who is searching for a way to approach the practice of prayer and meditation that engages the mind and the senses.
- This course invites us to 'unlearn' all the rules that you have heard about prayer. You will have access to four distinct ways to have conversations with God which not only help you connect with God but also ignites your understanding of your personal identity.
Robin Norgren, M.A.Th, is a Montessori teacher living in Apache Junction, Arizona. She earned her Undergraduate degree in Management from Arizona State University and her Masters Degree in Theology from Fuller Theological Seminary. She has completed her AMS Montessori Primary Certification and is in the process of completing her AMI Montessori Primary Certification. Her recent accolades include helping to develop a Montessori based preschool that serves as a integration program for students with Autism. She also taught Montessori Kindergarten and developed a curriculum that combined Montessori practices with Common Core Standards.
Josey's Art School was started as a passion project because Robin saw that art education was diminishing in the elementary school curriculum. She has created and developed over 300 art lessons and has taught in classrooms, community centers and after school programs all over Arizona and Virginia.
Josey's art school offers many types of creativity programs for kids and adults. We bring all equipment and supplies to you.
Bright Child Montessori creates lesson plans to guide the Montessori Teacher through the army of albums prepared through the traditional AMS Montessori Certification process.
Bright Child Studio provides kids with the opportunity to experience the joy found in participating in musical theatre. We provide a fun atmosphere and versatile class options that will allow your Bright Child to SHINE