5G Open RAN (O-RAN) and Private Networks Building
What you'll learn
- Open RAN Concepts, Architectures, & Interfaces
- Open Radio Access Network Concept details and building blocks
- Building the New Radio Air Interface of 4G/5G using opensource tools
- Building the UE New Radio Air Interface of 4G/5G using opensource tools
- Building the EPC/5GC Network core of 4G/5G using opensource tools
- Practically seeing the features of the 4G/5G network
- The unlicensed Spectrum for 5G private networks
- Using SDR (e.g., USRPs) and off-the-shelf compute devices for prototyping 4G/5G networks
- The key building blocks of Private 4G/5G Networks
- The differences between 5G and the other Wireless Cellular Mobile Generations
- There are no requirements
Open RAN (O-RAN, ORAN) and Private 4G / 5G Networks
In this course, you will mainly learn two things:
1) Learn the Open RAN Concepts, Architectures, Interfaces, and the details related to them.
2) Learn how to build 4G & 5G networks using open-source Open RAN software and general-purpose, commercial of the shelf (COTS) hardware devices at a very affordable cost (less than 500$).
If you want to prepare yourself to build practical, and fully open telecom equipment, software programs, and end-to-end 4G/5G systems alternative and competitive to those produced by conventional Telecom companies, such as NOKIA, HUAWEI, SAMSUNG, ERICSSON, ZTE, etc., or want to learn how to build private 4G/5G networks, then this course is just for you. In this course, you will learn in detail most technical aspects of building end-to-end 4G and 5G systems including eNodeB/gNodeB, UE, and EPC/5GC.
Private networks, no matter who you ask (see: here, here, or here) have transitioned from lab toys to a multi-billion dollar industry. Open source too has left the lab and solutions from the likes of RedHat, OpenStack, O-RAN Alliance, and the Telecom Infra Project are a growing presence in operators’ networks globally. As the footprint of open source grows, and network operators see the benefits of deploying open source, the industry is responding by developing open source solutions moving up the stack. Now with the introduction of the Magma project, open-source is moving into complex network functions like the core of the 4G and 5G mobile networks.
Dumping gas on the open and private network fire, the FCC has made available commercially deployable CBRS spectrum that we see taking off in the recent auction and as Spectrum Access Systems (SASs) go live. With its 3-tier access, CBRS means anyone can get a meaningful chunk of airwaves with 25 times (or more) the power of most Wi-Fi networks to deliver high-quality wireless services.
In light of these changes, in this version of the build your own network how-to, I will move our target from a lab network to a commercial-grade LTE network deployment. Let’s get started.
After you complete watching all the lecture videos of the course, you will get a professional certificate of completion.
Who this course is for:
- Anyone interested in learning about Open RAN and how to practically build private 4G and 5G networks can join the course
RS Academy at Researcherstore is dedicated to providing high-quality and Inspiring training courses on several academic and non-academic topics. Whether you are an undergraduate student, graduate Master's student, Ph.D. student, or an employee looking and researching to improve yourself, you will find at Researcherstore high-quality, on-demand courses that are designed to equip you with the skills you need to succeed.
RS Academy instructor experts are teachers first. We know how to break down complex technical information and make it understandable and immediately applicable to your work.
If you are an individual or corporate learning department, please check out our course library. If you need a course produced for your enterprise tech company, please reach out to us.