How To Play Blues Guitar - Open G and D
What you'll learn
- How to play blues using open D and open G guitar tunings - tune the guitar.
- You will learn how to tune the guitar to open D tuning
- You will learn how to tune the guitar to open G tuning
- You will learn how to play blues guitar with thumb and two finger in open D and open G tunings
- You will learn how to play blues bottleneck guitar in open G tuning
- Want to know how to play blues on the guitar
- Have some experience of how to play guitar or finger picking basic blues or folk
How To Play Blues:Open Guitar Tunings - Fingerpicking Blues Guitar Lessons
Playing guitar in open D tuning opens interesting possibilities. For example, it isn't necessary to hold down the bass E string when playing a D chord - a deeper bass gives the guitar a low down, bluesy feel but also lends itself to ragtime picking. The acoustic guitar lessons in this course explains how to tune down to open D tuning and open G tuning , and presents several videos teaching a variety of songs in these open guitar tunings.
Open G guitar tuning is of particular interest and we take a look how Robert Johnson, King of Delta Blues Guitar used it to create songs such as Walkin' Blues and Crossroads.
Who this course is for:
- This course is a good introduction to advanced ragtime guitar and into the bottleneck guitar techniques of Robert Johnson
- This course is good for a student with some guitar finger picking experience of any style who wants to broaden his repertoire into old style blues guitar picking.
Fingerstyle Acoustic Blues Guitar Lessons In The Old Style
Acoustic blues guitar teacher Jim Bruce was voted Number 2 top guitar instructor on Truefire in 2013 (Number 1 for acoustic blues lessons). Jim still plays blues guitar on the street in Europe and also gives concerts - plus teaching old style finger picking wherever he goes!
Now online students can benefit from over 40 years of real experience playing blues guitar in the authentic way. If you want to play real blues guitar just like the old blues men, then is where you come to find out how. Keep it real with Jim Bruce and play blues guitar like it was originally played using these state-of-the-art acoustic guitar lessons.
A word from Jim - " My playing career goes way back, to the folk clubs on the UK in the sixties, clubs pubs and bars in six countries, and on the city streets of Europe. This is how I learned my trade.
One day someone asked me to slow down a lick to show them exactly what I was doing with my hands. As I tried to do this, I found that I was doing much, much more than I realized. It was these tiny hand movements that make acoustic blues so exciting when it's performed properly. This is the main focus of my lessons - to show students exactly how to play blues guitar in great detail. "
Peace, Jim Bruce
Jim's blues guitar lessons online on Udemy follow a well proven and award-winning formula guaranteed to have you playing the blues in the shortest time possible. Learn blues guitar with a pro and sign up now!