How to Build Online Education Startups with Sramana Mitra
What you'll learn
- How to identify startup opportunities through in-depth interviews with successful founders in the online education space.
- What the trends, new innovations and business models are for online learning startups.
- When to bring on a team to build an online education startup.
- When to start raising funds for an online education startup.
- How to scale an online learning startup.
- What the exit options are for an online education startup.
- The only requirement for this course is an open mind and a willingness to learn.
The 1Mby1M Methodology is based on case studies. In this course, Sramana Mitra shares the tribal knowledge of tech entrepreneurs by giving students the rare seat at the table with the entrepreneurs, investors and thought leaders who provide the most instructive perspectives on how to build a thriving business. Through these conversations, students gain access to case studies exploring the alleys of entrepreneurship. Sramana’s synthesis of key learnings and incisive analysis add great depth to each discussion.
Online Education and EdTech were big trends before Covid. But Covid has driven this trend to exponential adoption levels.
One of the bottlenecks in the adoption of online education previously was that people were required to change their learning habits. Well, Covid has created a Tsunami of habit-changing across the board, especially in online-learning.
Investors and entrepreneurs have noted. The time for doing new, creative ventures in online education has never been more favorable.
All the methodology building blocks you have been learning through Sramana’s entrepreneurship fundamentals courses apply. You can, for instance, bootstrap an EdTech startup with a Paycheck or with Services, then raise money (or not). You can build a Unicorn (or not). You can do your venture as a solo entrepreneur.
In addition, you will learn domain specific lessons from entrepreneur case studies and thought leader interviews. You will also listen to investor perspectives on marketplace ventures and new trends they (and Sramana) have identified.
Online Education and EdTech still have numerous open problems. Therefore, entrepreneurs looking for ideas to develop as new startups would do well to study the trend and the opportunities thereof. In the interviews, Sramana always spends time with practicing entrepreneurs exploring what open problems they see in their domains, from their respective vantage points. These serve as excellent pointers for entrepreneurs to go dig in fertile soil in search of pain points around which to build new startups.
In addition, discussions around Sramana’s own ideas are also included in this course.
The 1Mby1M courses are all heavily based on interview-based case studies on Innovation, Business Models, Go To Market Strategies, Validation Principles, and various other nuances of an entrepreneur's journey. We offer extensive opportunities for entrepreneurs to learn the lessons from the trenches from successful entrepreneurs who have done it before and Investors who support their ambition.
Who this course is for:
- Ambitious entrepreneurs with limited resources who want to pursue business opportunities in the online learning space.
- Engineers who want to turn their tech knowledge into multi-million dollar revenue businesses by becoming startup founders rather than remain employees.
- Aspiring founders who want to increase their chances of getting accepted into a top startup accelerator such as Y Combinator, Techstars, or 500 Startups.
- Any entrepreneur who wants to learn from successful entrepreneurs who have done it before and from the investors who have supported them.
- Professors teaching technology entrepreneurship courses anywhere in the world.
Sramana Mitra is Founder and CEO of One Million by One Million (1Mby1M), a global virtual accelerator that aims to help one million entrepreneurs globally to reach $1 million in revenue and beyond. She is a Silicon Valley entrepreneur and strategy consultant, she writes the blog Sramana Mitra On Strategy, and is author of the Entrepreneur Journeys book series and Vision India 2020. As an entrepreneur CEO, she ran three companies: DAIS, Intarka, and Uuma. Sramana has a master’s degree in electrical engineering and computer science from the Massachusetts Institute of Technology. In 2015, Sramana was named one of LinkedIn’s Top 10 Influencers, alongside Bill Gates and Richard Branson.