The Courage to Grow
What you'll learn
- An introduction to online teaching and learning.
- How to design an online course.
- The four pillars of Online teaching and learning.
- How to design an 8-module online course.
- How to excite deep-learning through 7-essential components in each module.
- How to use scaffolding to build-out your online course.
- No, but it helps to be a faculty member.
- To be open to growth in expressing your content in a new medium.
Online teaching in higher ed has transitioned from a supplemental model of delivery to, in many cases, the primary way we teach. However, many professors are not prepared to make the journey to an online teaching and learning model. Dr. Michael A. Milton, a long-time educator, seeks to shepherd fellow-faculty in the basics of course design and course management for online teaching and learning.
Who this course is for:
- Faculty and administrators in need of online teaching training.
- Eager learners who want their content, message, and discipline to reach the largest number of people.
- All teachers who need to be design online courses.
- Homeschool educators will benefit from this course!
Dr. Michael A. Milton is a longtime educator, Presbyterian minister, composer, and author from North Carolina. He is a retired Army Chaplain (Colonel). Dr. Milton holds degrees from the University of Wales in the UK, the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, Knox Theological Seminary, and MidAmerica Nazarene University. He received a post-graduate certification in higher education teaching from Harvard University. He previously served as chancellor and president for a graduate school of theology. His record of service includes being the senior pastor of a historic, downtown church. Dr. Milton was also a new church developer and served in management for two Fortune 50 companies. He sums up his mission this way: "I want to shepherd shepherds who will shepherd their flock."