Solar Financial Modelling Course [Detailed]
What you'll learn
- How to do financial modelling of solar power plants/projects and decide about the profitability in investing solar power plant by covering the topics as follows:
- Inputs: Solar insolation (kWh/m2/day) , Various component specs & efficiencies , Units produced (kWh/ year) , Generation derating factor (%) , Tracker Efficiency (%) , Tariff Discount (%)
- Carbon credits rate (Euro/CER) , Project Cost , Loan Interest rates (%) , Moratorium period (years) , Capital structuring (Equity ratio)
- Optimization levers to key project costs , Accelerated Depreciation selection, Tax incentives, Tax and MAT rates (%)
- Outputs: Levelised cost of Energy (LCOE), Project IRR, Project Payback, Equity IRR, Equity Payback, Average DSCR, Return on Equity (ROE)
- Return on Capital Employed (ROCE), Return on Investment (ROI), Gains from Tax savings due to depreciation, Net Estimated Expenses and Revenues in 25 years, Net Gain over Project Life Cycle, Cash Flows for project life cycle
- Modelling Analysis : Project Costs details, Electricity Generation estimates, Depreciation including Accelerated Depreciation, Loan Interest, Working Capital (for pre-operative phase), Projected Balance Sheet
- Profit & Loss statement, Income Tax (both under Companies Act and Income Tax Act), Minimum Alternative Tax (MAT), Cash Flows, Debt Service Charge Ratio (DSCR), Internal Rate of Return (IRR)
- Breakeven point, Payback Ratios, Summary – Various ratios, FORM-II to FORM-VI – Various standard forms required for bankable Detailed, Project Report, Carbon Credit modeling
- Bid Related Results : Scenario Analysis to arrive at optimum bid tariff rate, Bank
- Electrical or Electronics Engineering degree or accountant degree or people with solar power background.
In Solar power sector, with the knowledge of technical terms of solar plants, additional knowledge of financial is also very very important so as to do a solar plant project more effectively and with good profits and customer satisfaction. Hence, its our duty to learn about solar financial modelling all important concepts so as to apply this during any solar plant project working scenario.
Therefore, in this our online solar financial modelling course, you will get to learn all important concepts like starting from important technical terms wrt solar irradiation, solar plants types and its working to how to develop a complete solar plant financial model in order to know about the profitability of the project. Please see our curriculum for the topics.
Tools used is excel sheets. Students can also ask their doubts via Q & A section provided by UDEMY that is available in each lecture video.
First each concept is cleared via lecture videos and then shown its implementation to make financial modelling excel sheet via case study.
All the important solar financial modelling concepts are explained in a very simple and effective manner in the form of interactive lecture videos by our solar core experienced and Indian government ( SCGJ department ) certified teaching faculty. Also, the candidate can able to ask question also for clarification of any concepts.
With this candidate can able to download the study material of all important concepts in PDF form.
Electrical or Electronics Engineering degree or accountant degree or people with solar power background are welcome.
All the best to candidates.
Who this course is for:
- People working in solar power industry or power industry or accountants or electrical or electronics engineering people.
Teaching faculty qualification:
#SCGJ ( Govt. in India ) certified in Solar Power Assessment Projects in India.
# Done assessment of 15 solar power training institutes under SCGJ(Govt. of India) across India.
#Proprietor of firm named Solar-Complete in Kanpur, U.P(India).
# 8+ years Core experienced in Rooftop Solar Power Design, Installation, Maintenance, Safety, Troubleshooting & Finance modelling in India.
#B.E. ( Electrical ) from University of Pune ( India ).