Online education maturity model
What you'll learn
- defining type of virtual studies: live, asynchronous, hybrid
- understand and apply online (virtual) education maturity model (CMM)
- define metrics for educational process
- define requirements to processes and involved stakeholders: academic/dean's office, professors, technical support, marketing
- define requirements to study materials
- define requirements to Virtual learning environment (VLE, LMS, etc.)
- define technical requirements for online education
- be prepared for audit and certification by OESI
- basic experience in online education/e-learning process
Online education starts decades ago, and gained its enthusiasts and followers. But the massive shift to online learning happened in pandemic era. As shown in several research papers, after returning to normality, share of online, or virtual, education remains from 25 to 40% instead of 10-15% before pandemic.
In our course we define the capability maturity model (CMM) for online education, based on Online education skills Institute works. You learn specific attributes of real-time, or live; asynchronous and hybrid learning methods.
You learn the CMM model, its levels, and main attributes for levels 3 - Defined, and 4 - Improved.
You learn, which aspects of online educational process should be defined, what procedures should exist, and which metrics should be applied to evaluate quality of online education and baseline for improvement.
In our course we discuss:
- pre-course activities;
- requirements to course delivery for each type of virtual learning;
- collaboration procedures;
- evaluation procedures;
- requirements to staff and technical support;
- main types of technical tools.
You learn, how to perform quick self-assessment to find procedures for improvement, and also how to prepare your educational organization - a university, or a college, or a business school, or a professional training organization to a formal audit and successfully pass the certification procedure.
Who this course is for:
- dean's office staff
- academic office
Online Education skills institute recommends:
Portfolio and Project Manager in IT, digital/virtual learning and professional training, and consulting.
25+ years of total experience in IT and 10+ years as a project and portfolio manager, consulting services, business trainer and startup mentor.
Grades and certifications:
Dr. Sci in System analysis,
Ph. D. in Management of technical systems
Portfolio, program and project management professional (PfMP,PgMP, PMP) by PMI
ITIL Expert, ITIL 4.0 Managing Professional, Strategic Leader
DevOps Product Owner
Online Professor at GBSB (Global), Zug, Switzerland
Certified Virtual learning trainer.
30+ professional trainings.
Over 10000 lifelong learners successfully passed trainings, and accelerated their career.