How to Become a DJ - Learn How to Start DJing Online Today
What you'll learn
- How to DJ - Learn how to become a DJ online: This best-selling, top-rated online DJ school is a complete masterclass with 11 hours of high quality video.
- You will have EVERY skill needed to play in front of the largest crowds and win. You won't have to rely on a pre-recorded set to play like a virtuoso.
- You should own or have access to Pioneer DJ Equipment, XDJ-RX, CDJ1000/DJM800 or better.
- Recommended (but not necessary) software: Ableton Live, Rekordbox, Mixed In Key
Learn how to become a DJ online: This best-selling, top-rated Udemy DJ course is a complete masterclass with 11 hours of original, high-quality instruction.
I've had over 22,000 enrollments and counting on Udemy, so you know you are in good hands!
Hi there everyone!
My name is Ross Palmer, and I'm going to show you how to become a DJ online, at a world-class level.
Here's a demo mix of me showing off some of the skills you'll learn in my online DJ school: vimeo dot com /274562678/eadfd0b470
I spent 13 years building my DJ technique, starting from vinyl turntables and moving all the way up through CDJs. I've been passionate about dance music since I was 11 years old, and I started professionally DJing when I was 18.
After years of honing my craft, I was fortunate enough to get a job at Armada Music*. During my time there, I worked alongside some of the best DJ’s in the world of dance music today. I witnessed that my own ideas and theories of DJing were superior to those of many signed artists, and it was a complete validation of the skills I had built over so many years. I had some tricks up my sleeve that even top people had never thought of!
Today, former students of my DJ school and direct mentors are currently playing to packed crowds at festivals, in stadiums, and at the world’s most prestigious clubs, including Tomorrowland, EDC, and more. And I can say with 100% confidence, these are the skills the world’s top DJ’s use to crush it in front of any crowd, every time. How you execute these skills is all about how often you practice, but these are definitely the technical foundations on which you can learn how to become a DJ online, at the highest level.
Sections 1 and 2 will cover all the basics of how to DJ - everything you need to get started. I’ll even give you some advice on purchasing your first deck and how to book your first show.
In Section 3, the DJ classes dive deeper into the different tools needed to create a really engaging show, including how to make seamless transitions in a pinch and a super easy way to spice up even the most boring sections of a track. I will even walk you through creating a playlist to fill a 1-hour set, which is a lot longer than it seems if you're doing it right.
Section 4 will focus in on advanced techniques that will help you learn how to be a DJ like the pros. In addition, you will learn how to mix faster and more precise, as well as secret tricks the pros use to make their show sound larger than life. Finally, we will talk about showmanship and how to really polish your performance to take your DJ’ing to the highest level.
My former students and good friends are signed to the world's best labels right now, Spinnin', Ultra, Revealed and more. I've been very fortunate to learn how to DJ from professionals at the highest level, and now you can learn to DJ online, anytime, anywhere.
But don't take my word for it: have a look at the reviews of my DJ school and see for yourself - thousands and thousands of happy students have already taken the course and left their reviews.
And it's not just the course itself, many students have already asked hundreds of questions in the Q&A section, and I do my best to answer every single one. We've built a community where all can learn how to improve, and that's the massive value of this course.
Thanks for reading,
*Note: This course is not affiliated with or endorsed by Armada Music. All the music used in this course is royalty-free music for the purposes of demonstration!
Who this course is for:
- Anyone who wants to know what it takes to REALLY DJ like a professional. I've taught and learned from real-life, major DJs playing shows like: Tomorrowland, Ultra, and more.
- People who want to know what the top tier of DJs actually do, including closely-guarded industry secrets.
I help people level-up their creative expression through technology.
...20,000 enrollments and counting on Udemy.
Ross Palmer has always had a passion for cutting-edge technology, knowledge, and creative expression.
At the young age of 11, Ross started programming Z80 assembly language on his calculator while listening to electronic music religiously, watching the Simpsons, and speed-solving Rubik's Cubes (personal best avg. of 15.75 seconds!) That should tell you all you need to know about this highly unusual individual.
His work is at the intersection of creativity, business, and technology - all without taking ourselves too seriously.
• Helped build one of the largest dance music blog start-ups in the world, growing a single SoundCloud account into six, growing from 3,000 to over 1,000,000 followers, and becoming a multi-million-dollar start-up in the process.
• Was in an improvisational comedy group for 6 years, performing for hundreds of people monthly during the week, while DJing parties every weekend.
• Worked at Armada Music in the Netherlands, world-famous record label of Armin van Buuren.
• Was a professional DJ for 13 years, touring around the world. Now taught other professional DJs who are releasing on: Armada Music, Spinnin' Records, Ultra, Revealed, and more.
• Created a weekly radio DJ show with > 50k plays per episode, also made numerous mix compilation albums for Armada Music.
• One of the first to get serious about live streaming DJing, typically performing daily for over 20,000 observers with 40,000 fans/followers.
• Audio engineered records for major artists in Asia and on labels like Warner, Sony Latin, Armada Music.
• Started a digital marketing company in 2016, which has since taken an e-commerce client from the early start-up stage to over 8 figures of revenue.
• Creator/host of the Beat the Often Path podcast - showcasing "unusual success stories".
• Public speaker and in-company trainer.
What's the common thread?
A love of bleeding-edge technology and how it relates to human expression and making money. Because without money and the right tools, no one can survive as an artist.