Online Course Crash Course: Win at Teaching Online Courses
- Students should understand that this is a free mini-course that covers only a handful of key topics related to teaching online courses. This isn't a complete training program that will teach you everything about teaching online courses.
This course is not sponsored or affiliated with Udemy, Inc.
Want to make thousands teaching online courses?
Interested in teaching courses on Udemy, Skillshare, or any other online course platform?
Want to teach courses on a self-hosted Teachable (formerly UseFedora), Zippy Courses, or Patience site?
Bestselling Udemy instructor Phil Ebiner gives you his best advice for teaching online courses in 2016.
This mini-course will teach you:
- How to choose your first online course topic
- Should you create a flagship or niche course?
- The equipment that I use for creating courses
- How to choose a course title that will sell more
- How to price your courses on Udemy and elsewhere
- How to write promotional announcements that sell
- How to increase interaction in your courses
- How to make more money by self-hosting your course
Please enjoy this course. I hope you truly enjoy it!
- New online instructors without any experience
- Online instructors looking for the latest tips and advice
- Experts wanting to make money with their knowledge
- Freelancers wanting to earn extra money on the side
- How to Choose Your First Topic04:37
- Is This a 5-Star Course?02:14
- Should You Create a Flagship or Niche Course?05:27
- Equipment I Use to Create Online Courses06:11
- How to Choose a Course Title That Sells04:19
- How to Price Your Courses to Sell More08:22
- How to Write Promotional Announcements That Sell07:38
- How to Promote Courses on YouTube06:29
- How to Increase Student Interaction (and why this is a good idea)04:39
- How to Self-Host an Online Course06:13
- Phil Ebiner's Udemy Course Launch Blueprint14 pages
- Bonus Lecture: What's Next for You?01:12
- Email Marketing for Online Course Creators00:05
Can I help you learn a new skill?
Since 2012, I have been teaching people like you everything I know. Through my online learning business, Video School Online, I create courses that teach you how to creatively share your story through photography, video, design, and marketing.
Don’t just take my word for it
Over one million students have enrolled in and learned new skills with my courses. I pride myself on creating high quality courses from real world experience. I often partner with experts to expand our ever-growing library of courses. And our team provides premium support whenever you need.
Our happiness guarantee
There’s no risk in enrolling in any of our courses. You have a 30-day money back guarantee if you don't like it. And I'm always improving my courses so that they stay up to date and the best that they can be.
Check out our library of courses, and enroll today
MORE ABOUT PHIL:
I've always tried to live life presently and to the fullest. Some of the things I love to do in my spare time include mountain biking, nerding out on personal finance, traveling to new places, watching sports (huge baseball fan here!), and sharing meals with friends and family. Most days you can find me spending quality time with my lovely wife, twin boys (and soon to be girl), and dog Ashby.
In 2011, I graduated with my Bachelor of Arts in Film and Television Production at Loyola Marymount University . While there, I was fortunate to make documentaries in Switzerland, Germany, Mexico, and India. After graduating, I worked at Participant Media shooting and editing short-form documentaries for their website TakePart. I followed that stint with a contract at Stanbridge College where I discovered online learning and helped pioneer their online school there. After that, I spent 2 years working at University of California Berkeley with the media team.
I continue to collaborate with friends on film and other creative projects, keeping my skillset fresh and ready to teach you.
I want to show you how to be a better creator, make money from your creations, and live the life you dreamed of.
Learn creative skills, from absolute beginner to advanced mastery.
Video School Online exists to help you succeed in life. Each course has been hand-tailored to teach a specific skill. I hope you agree!
Whether you’re trying to learn a new skill from scratch, or want to refresh your memory on something you’ve learned in the past, you’ve come to the right place.
Education makes the world a better place. Make your world better with new skills!
Our courses can be watched 24/7 wherever you are. Most are fully downloadable so you can take them with you. You can also view them on mobile devices with the Udemy mobile app.
All courses have a 30-day money-back guarantee so that you can check it out, make sure it’s the right course for you, and get a refund if it’s not!