How to Write eCommerce Product Pages
What you'll learn
- Write product descriptions that rank well in search results
- Write product descriptions that appeal to potential buyers
- Choose photos and images that help to sell products online
- Write copy that tells buyers things they can't discover from visuals alone
- Craft offers that motivate buyers to buy products online
- Write guarantees that remove objections and persuade prospects to buy
- Write copy that upsells buyers while improving their buying experience
- Write effective short product descriptions
- Write effective long product descriptions
- Students need a basic understanding of copywriting
- This course assumes you know how to write copy, and want to learn how to write online copy
THIS COURSE IS ALSO INCLUDED IN MY NEW MASTERCLASS ON UDEMY. TAKE IT HERE AS A STAND-ALONE COURSE, OR ENJOY IT ALONG WITH 20 HOURS OF OTHER CONTENT. MY MASTERCLASS ON UDEMY IS CALLED: Alan Sharpe's 20-Hour Copywriting Masterclass
You face three challenges when selling products online:
1. The sales process starts long before buyers land on your product page
2. Potential customers can't handle your product
3. Potential customers can't talk to a salesperson (the way they do in a store) before they buy
To meet these three challenges, you need to start selling on Google. You need to write copy on your product pages knowing that this copy will show up in search results. You need to write product descriptions that work with product images, and choose product images that work with your copy. And you need to anticipate the most common (and pressing) objections and questions that your potential buyers have, and meet these head-on in your copy.
To be successful writing copy for online product pages, you also need to master the essential parts of each product page, namely:
page title tags
page description tags
short product descriptions
long product descriptions
image alt tags
This course teaches you how to write copy that sells products online. You learn dozens of online copywriting tips that help you craft effective copy for shopping carts and online store pages.
Who this course is for:
- Practicing copywriters who want to learn how to write online copy that sells products
I teach more copywriting courses on Udemy than any other instructor.
Are you reading my bio because you want to improve your copywriting? Bonus. That makes two of us.
Are you looking for a copywriting coach who has written for Fortune 500 accounts (Apple, IBM, Hilton Hotels, Bell)? Check.
Do you want your copywriting instructor to have experience writing in multiple channels (print, online, direct mail, radio, television, outdoor, packaging, branding)? Groovy.
If you had your way, would your copy coach also be a guy who has allergic reactions to exclamation marks, who thinks honesty in advertising is not an oxymoron, and who believes the most important person in this paragraph is you?
Take my courses.
I'm Alan Sharpe. Pleased to make your acquaintance. I'm a 30-year veteran copywriter who has been teaching people how to write persuasively since 1989.
Through my conference workshops, copywriting classes, telephone seminars, webinars, trade journal articles, newsletters, blog posts and in my many books, I have helped thousands of copywriters on four continents master the craft of persuading on paper and in pixels.
I taught myself the craft of advertising copywriting, and worked as a freelance copywriter as well as a senior copywriter for two advertising agencies. I sold everything from pump parts to utility trailers to digital video transmission systems and insurance services, working in every media. I even helped a client use direct mail to sell a coffee table book about Elvis Presley. Don't ask.
After working for a decade as a copywriter, I narrowed my focus to two specialties: writing direct mail letters for businesses, and fundraising letters for non-profits.
Now I'd like to help you write copy that gets noticed, gets read, and gets results. Let's get started.