- Basic development or programming skills are a plus but not required.
The Online Academy course is split into five parts, in which you can build a mobile app for managing orders for tables in a restaurant, called “Cucina Piccola”. There is a video for each part, and you can download a resource library, and the final Cucina Piccola app, to help with your app development. The videos are recorded in English by Andreas Pfeiffer, Senior consultant with Omnis Software Germany, who has over 20 years experience creating enterprise and web applications in Omnis Studio, as well as speaking at tech conferences, and teaching the in-class academy courses.
To work on the Omnis Academy course you will need to download and install the latest Omnis Studio - a basic knowledge of Omnis Studio or a similar application development tool would be an advantage.
Who this course is for:
- Web developers
- Power user who wants to develop a web- or mobile app
- 18:25First steps and creating the service staff remote form
- 31:31Enhancing the restaurant service form & showing the pictures
- 23:40Making the order button & writing the record into the database
- 22:14Implementing the Corporate Identity & developing a second remote form
- 19:25Adding a push service to synchronize all devices & creating a report class to pr
Andreas Pfeiffer is senior consultant at Omnis Software in Hamburg. He supports customers in order to optimise their Omnis Studio development.
Originally as an independent developer coming from other languages he started to develop with Omnis 5 in 1989 creating an ERP system. When Omnis Studio was launched in 1997 Andreas joined the team at Omnis Software in Hamburg working as a supporter and a trainer. He helped a lot of Omnis 7 developers to migrate their application to Omnis Studio at that time. „Developing Omnis applications“ is still one of my favorites“, he says, „but I also like to talk to people very much showing what Omnis Studio is capable of. Especially the new JS and mobile client – something that impresses new prospects very much!“