Old-Time Banjo for the Absolute Beginner
- 1 hour on-demand video
- 28 downloadable resources
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and TV
- Certificate of Completion
Get your team access to 4,000+ top Udemy courses anytime, anywhere.Try Udemy for Business
- Easy and logical step by step method to learn Old-Time Up-Picking style banjo techniques and songs.
- Lectures include everything you need! PDF files, videos, and audio files are included to help you practice!
- This course will have you playing banjo in the shortest amount of time and and fun doing it!
- Play several standard banjo songs that will impress your family and friends!! (But is will also put you on the course to playing all sorts of banjo songs and is a pre-requisite start to learning the 3-finger banjo style.
- You will need a 5 string banjo, a plastic thumb pick and one metal finger pick.
- All that is required is a willingness to learn and have a great time doing it.
- You will also need to be able to view and print PDF files.
- This class is geared to the Absolute Beginner! No Experience is Necessary!
What is Up-Picking style of playing banjo? It is a great old style of banjo playing that plays the melody of the song with the index finger, while adding a brush chord and pluck of the 5th string to the mix. It emphasizes the melody, but is also a great accompiament to singing and an easy start to playing the banjo. It is also a great way to transition into the bluegrass/three-finger style of playing most are familiar with. No note reading or musical experience necessary! All that is needed is an excitement and willingness to learn! Let's get started!
- This course is intended for folks who have always had an interest in playing the banjo but didn't know where to start. The course is designed for folks who have never played an instrument before now!