Ofsted Inspection Data Summary Report (IDSR) Secondary 2017
- This course is for leaders and governors in secondary phase schools and academics throughout England.
- It would be good if you had a printed copy of your school's Ofsted Inspection Data Summary Report - download it from ASP.
- You don't need any specific software to view the videos.
Ofsted’s new School Inspection Data Summary Report (IDSR) is an updated version of the Ofsted's Inspection Dashboard that supported the new inspection arrangements from September 2015. It will be used by Inspectors to prepare for short inspections instead of referring to the ASP reports and will inform the initial conversation between HMI and the headteacher. Therefore, you need to understand what it will tell inspectors about your school.
Ofsted have designed it to show at a glance how well previous cohorts demonstrated characteristics of good or better performance showing a brief overview of published data for the last three years using visual displays.
Unfortunately, it is actually a very detailed document and not necessarily straightforward and easy to interpret correctly.
The IDSR is an updated version of the Dashboard, including different types of bar graphs and scatterplots, together with percentile trends over three years.
In this course, we will go through each and every page of the Ofsted Inspection Dashboard, so that by the end, you, other school leaders and your governors will be able to understand what this important document is trying to tell you.
We'll also go through the Attendance and Persistent Absence pages, and see what analysis you should do before Ofsted arrives.
Who this course is for:
- This course is for school leaders, governors, and anyone who is interested in secondary school data.
- Because the IDSR is not publically available, parents would get less out of this course.
- Ofsted Inspection Handbook03:52
- English and Maths attainment04:57
- English Baccalaureate (EBacc)03:40
- How is Attainment 8 calculated?07:27
- Attainment 8 in the IDSR03:09
- How is Progress 8 calculated?02:42
- Progress 8 in the IDSR04:56
- The new EBacc 2018 Measure01:53
- Context Analysis02:46
- Areas to Investigate in the IDSR04:15
- Thank you for watching this course00:26
The DAISI Team, part of Nottingham City Council, is made up of talented and passionate analysts that specialise in education data outcomes and trends. We provide services for all types of schools, Local Authorities and education trusts; Primary Schools, split phase schools, Free schools, Secondaries, Specials and Academies.
We work with senior leaders, staff and governors in schools, academies and other education establishments to improve outcomes for children and young people through the provision of data analysis and performance reports, support for completing statutory returns, provision of bespoke data reports and training to schools, academies and partnerships.
We also work in partnership with other local authorities in delivering data and reporting solutions to support the strategic use of education data within the local authority and providing traded services to its local schools and academies.
DAISI is the creator of many National products to assist schools across England, such as ASaP and Question Level Analysis, and our first course on Udemy, the Ofsted Inspection Dashboard Explained video course.