Offsite Ready - Offsite and Modular Construction
- Familiarity with the construction industry.
This course will provide participants with an understanding of the differences between offsite and onsite construction within the construction industry. Participants will gain an understanding of both the advantages and challenges of offsite construction.
Estimating / commercial
Onsite placement and assembly
Management and integration.
Our course has been co-designed by industry and academic experts in the field of offsite construction. The project is led by CSIC (Construction Scotland Innovation Centre) and delivered in partnership with MOBIE (Ministry of Building and Education), CWIC (Construction Wales Innovation Centre), Edinburgh Napier University, COGC (City of Glasgow College) and COYO (Class of Your Own).
- People working in Construction and the Built Environment in the education sector and industry.
- Offsite Fundamentals08:31
- Offsite Fundamentals Quiz3 questions
- Digital Design07:22
- Digital Design Quiz3 questions
- Estimating / Commercial08:24
- Estimating / Commercial Quiz3 questions
- Logistics Quiz3 questions
- Offsite Manufacture07:53
- Offsite Manufacture Quiz3 questions
- Onsite Placement and Assembly05:26
- Onsite Placement and Assembly Quiz3 questions
- Management and Integration06:59
- Management and Integration Quiz3 questions
The Offsite Ready project aims to develop knowledge and skills in modern methods of construction. It is also an opportunity for those delivering courses in Construction and the Built Environment in the education sector and industry to access free training in offsite construction.
Our free-to-use online educators’ toolkit provides a range of easily-accessible resources which have been co-designed by industry and academic experts in the field of offsite construction. It provides a recognised CPD opportunity to remotely access the latest resources to best teach the practice of offsite construction.