What you'll learn
- The description of what exactly the OEE (Overall Equipment Effectiveness) is
- How the OEE can be calculated as simply and pragmatically as possible and how the data for it can be easily recorded
- How people can be motivated to work with the data
- A process model to increase the OEE as well as the degree of maturity of a company in OEE management
- Implementation options for OEE management with Industry 4.0 technologies with a special focus on artificial intelligence
- An explanation of how the business benefits of an OEE increase will be assessed
- Interest in industrial manufacturing
The Overall Equipment Effectiveness (OEE) is a key figure for measuring the productivity of manufacturing equipment. In combination with the causes of loss, it is the globally used key figure for improving the productivity of manufacturing plants.
In this course, Prof. Dr. Markus Focke and Joern Steinbeck explain OEE-Management with all relevant facets: From the collection and analysis of data, the use of Industry 4.0 methods - including artificial intelligence, the organization of the improvement process, the handling of people in the change process to the financial evaluation of the optimization, all topics are discussed in detail.
You have 5+ hours of video material available for your self-paced learning. All course material is available for download. Additionally the course includes several exercises to deepen your knowledge on OEE-Management. Also are Excel-tools for your download available. Every chapter finishes with a quick quiz on the essential learnings. With the successful execution of this course you can download you personal OEE-Management certificate as a pdf-file and use this to further progress your career in operations.
Markus and Joern are seasoned consultants, educators, executives and start-up entrepreneurs in this specific field of industrial management. In case of questions, the two authors are available in the chat for in-depth discussions.
Become an expert in OEE optimization in this course.
This course ist also available in German language.
Who this course is for:
- Managers and employees who deal with increasing the productivity of the equipment in their company
After working at IBM, Porsche Consulting and Carl Zeiss Vision, Joern founded oeeai and the Institute for Productivity. Joern advises companies, among other things, on increasing plant productivity. His start-up develops innovative software based on AI to increase the OEE. The best way to reach Joern is on LinkedIn.
Over 15 years of practical experience with Operational Excellence, Lean Production and OEE-centered Management
- 10y+ Institute for Productivity, Aachen, Germany
- 10y+ University of Applied Sciences, Aachen, Production Management
- 5y Porsche Consulting, Germany
- 5y Daimler AG, Stuttgar. Germany