Practical Tricks to Create your Custom Odoo Docker Image
- 2.5 hours on-demand video
- 1 article
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and TV
- Certificate of Completion
Get your team access to 4,000+ top Udemy courses anytime, anywhere.Try Udemy for Business
- How to run the official Odoo Docker Image
- How to create custom Odoo Docker Image
- How to mount local custom add-ons inside the container
- How to embed your custom addon into the image
- How to run the custom image using docker and docker compose
- How to link custom image generation to a GitHub repository
- How to make your image pull or clone GitHub repository on restart
- Linux Basic Commands
- Odoo Installation on Linux
So, you have reached at a point to implement Odoo not in the default standard way.. Where your Odoo implementation has required many instances running in parallel and can't be handled with a single or two servers anymore.. And the decision is to utilize Docker, as it can be scaled and managed easily as the client request increased dramatically.
Then, this course is for you..
Docker will reduce the complexity of implementing a software system that requires many supporting subsystems, libraries, external program, where sometimes a small difference of minor version or setting can cause the whole system failed to work.
Docker will solve the ‘it works in my laptop’ problem we commonly face while working with developers.
I will teach you how to start creating your custom Odoo Docker Image, begins with running the official one that we got from Odoo, then tweak it to suit your needs and start generating your custom image. Direct to the point, not that much theory.
Then I will also teach you how to integrate your custom image to a Github repository (Gitlab works as well), so that every commit to the repository will automatically create a new image version..
Or, when you need to pull the repository on every docker container restart..
Or, when you need to clone the repository on every docker container restart..
I will teach you all of those practical things step by step, no need for any prior knowledge of Docker, just a little bit of Linux standard commands.
Please also check my other course on how to manage the docker containers in Kubernetes environment to achieve the autoscaling and zero downtime for our Odoo instances.
Hope you find this course useful for you daily jobs.
See you soon on the class!
- Anyone who want to explore docker and Odoo as the case study
- Anyone who want to implement custom Odoo Image on top of Docker
- Odoo consultant
- Odoo developer
- Odoo consultant