Organic Chemistry: Spectroscopy Master Class
What you'll learn
- Generalized NMR theory via metaphor and visualization (No complex math)
- Mass Spectrometry (MS) (Theory and Problem solving methods)
- How to game Hydrogen (1H) NMR problems through practical problem solving methods
- How to game Carbon (13C) NMR problems through practical problem solving methods
- Infrared (IR) Spectroscopy (Theory and Problem solving methods)
- Basic understanding of molecular structure (Covalent bonds, single, double, and triple bonds)
- Understanding of basic functional group nomenclature is helpful (e.g. - alkene, ether, ketone, amide, etc...) but not absolutely required.
In this course, I'll walk you through the four major spectroscopic methods that are covered in Organic Chemistry courses. Each method is covered in detail with background and practice problems for each method. I'll warn you about common stumbling blocks and mental hurdles students normally face, and I'll give you practical problem solving tips and tricks! You're going to do AWESOME!! :)
Who this course is for:
- Organic Chemistry I or II students (Depends on how your professor orders spectroscopy)
- Higher level Chem students who are rusty at Spectroscopy and would like a refresher on basic theory and problem solving skills
- People who love puzzles! Spectroscopy is an engaging real-world puzzle just begging to be solved. :)
I've been engaged in chemistry for the last 15 years as a student, tutor, and instructor. I love watching people understand chemistry concepts that they previously thought were too difficult or abstract. My primary goal is to help you overcome any anxieties or frustration that you feel towards chemistry. Hopefully, I can help you view Organic Chemistry as an elegant natural puzzle with solutions that are beautiful to see and satisfying to accomplish.