About the Instructor
Hello! My name is Jeff and I am currently practicing as an occupational therapist in the United States. I work in a hospital setting in the Acute Rehabilitation Unit (ARU), Oncology, Neuro, Orthopedics, Telemetry, Cardiac, and Med Surg. My special focus is stroke rehabilitation and assistive technology.
I have been working directly with patients and clients in healthcare since 2013. I graduated from EMT school and volunteered as a skills instructor. As a skills instructor, I taught student labs for hands-on EMT field skills and also proctored proficiency exams such as life-saving CPR. As a EMT, I worked in various healthcare settings including hospitals, nursing facilities, clinics, doctor’s offices, homes, schools, and the local community.
I have a Master's of Science degree in Occupational Therapy. Occasionally, I help in the interview process for prospective occupational therapy school students. I have experience working with mental health, pediatrics, adults, and geriatrics in occupational therapy. Some places I have worked include a mental health group home, outpatient CBT behavioral health clinic, school-based OT including the classroom and pediatric gym, nursing facilities, and hospitals. Overall, my field experience in each setting guides my current practice in discharge planning and role in preventing hospital re-admissions.
Involvement in Occupational Therapy
- Active membership to the American Occupational Therapy Association (AOTA).
- Co-author in published research article titled, "First-Time Experience in Owning a Dog Guide by Older Adults with Vision Loss" in Journal of Visual Impairment & Blindness.
- Community commenter to NBCOT® study group to help students pass their OT board exam.
- Founder, author, and contributor of website OTDUDE, an occupational therapist resource for students, new grads, practitioners, and visitors.
- 10+ years as a professional videographer for Blue Dawn Studios producing wedding films and corporate content. My courses include HD video content with professionally recorded audio. The videos are professionally storyboarded, animated, and edited by me.
- Experience in Web Design, Graphic Design, Visual Effects, Music Production, Computer Programming, and Technology Tech Support.
- 3+ years as an instructor for students in lab and in-service healthcare settings.
- 8+ years in the healthcare field working in hospitals, nursing facilities, clinics, doctor’s offices, homes, schools, and the local community.
Commitment to You
- Producing high-quality videos that are up-to-date and research-based content to students.
- Creating content that is engaging, easy to watch, and succinct for learning.
- Releasing courses that provide you with a lot of value in your purchase. Your purchase will be a worthwhile and a valuable investment in your future.
- Providing ongoing support to students online.
- Ongoing improvement in my courses. I highly value your comments and feedback.
Thank you for watching.
Let's learn together!
Jeffrey Kou, MS, OTR/L