Complete OBS Master Course to Streaming & Recording Videos
- 1.5 hours on-demand video
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and TV
- Certificate of Completion
Get your team access to 4,000+ top Udemy courses anytime, anywhere.Try Udemy for Business
- Record a variety of video footage using your computer including screencasts and game recordings
- Stream your live content to YouTube and Twitch
- Modify the commonly used settings to increase the quality of your recordings
- Add in as many source elements as you desire to create a customized video display
- Remove backgrounds from sources using color key / chroma key
- Eliminating background noise with the microphone noise gate or audio post-production program Audacity
- You'll need OBS before we start the actual tutorials. You can get it for free from the OBS project website.
Learn how to record and stream games, screencasts, vlogs, or video podcasts with Open Broadcaster software. Open Broadcaster Software (OBS) is the best free cross-platform tool for recording videos or streaming to sites like YouTube or Twitch. In this course, you'll learn how to set up OBS to record screencasts or games. We'll cover topics like adding webcams and chroma keying out a green screen to get a talking head effect with no distracting background.
Here's an overview of what you'll find in the course
Walkthrough of All the Basics of Using OBS
Setup Guides for Screencasting, Gaming, and Vlogging
Visual and Audio Filters like Green Screen and Sound Noise Reduction
Detailed Settings Guides like How to Install and Change Color Themes for OBS
More to come as I create content to flesh the course out in the next few weeks
- This course is especially for people new to video recording and streaming or Open Broadcaster Software.
- Vloggers who want to record their webcams and microphones
- Streamers who want to put their game content to Twitch or YouTube gaming live
- Anyone who wants to screencast their computer (like for teaching or making tutorials)
This is my updated guide to OBS intended to take absolute beginners through setup, testing, connection to twitch, and recording and streaming their videos with good settings and filters.
Master list for 10 really useful settings that everyone needs to know if you're going to be recording or especially streaming in Open Broadcaster Software (OBS).
- Output Scaled Resolution (Make equal to canvas resolution unless bitrate limited)
- Automatically Remux to MP4
- Output Recording Format Type (MKV)
- Start / Stop Recording (or Streaming Hotkeys)
- Stream Delay
- Microphone and Desktop Device
- Automatically Record when Streaming / Keep Recording when Stream Stops
- Enable Bandwidth Test Mode
- Audio Filters - Noise Surpression & Reaper Filter
- Audio Monitoring
Learn the basics of the OBS UI and what each section is there for. Covers scenes, sources, the audio mixer, transitions, and controls.
Learn how to record with seperate audio channels for your streaming and record to file. You can have 2 or more audio tracks from different sources in the file you save to your computer which is super helpful when you want to edit them in a program like DaVinci Resolve 16.