Object Oriented Programming
- 1.5 hours on-demand video
- 2 mins on-demand audio
- 2 articles
- 2 downloadable resources
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and TV
- Certificate of Completion
Get your team access to 4,000+ top Udemy courses anytime, anywhere.Try Udemy for Business
- Implement the basic Object Oriented Programming Principles
- Choose when and where to apply these programming ideals
- Improve Code Readability and Maintainability
- Adopt industry standards in program design
- Participate confidently in a conversation about OOP and the role it plays
Welcome to this course, in this introductory lecture, we lay out what we will be covering and a little bit about myself.
In this lecture we look at what OOP really is and why it is important for you to add it to your toolbelt. We will see why OOP is recommended and I share my thoughts on why you should adopt an O.O.P mindset on your next project.
This lecture covers the difference between procedural programming and the OOP paradigm. Students will learn how to identify classes and objects from requirements gathering and how to structure a solution efficiently.
- You will need access to a computer with an Integrated Development Environment (IDE) installed. I will be demonstrating concepts using a windows PC running visual studio 2010.
- You will need some familiarity with your tools, i.e. how to create a project and how to start debugging. But don’t worry, we cover this in the first demonstration.
- You should be familiar with the basics of programming, such as Loops, Methods and arguments.
Please Note: This is not a live coding course. In order to keep the material as beginner friendly as possible and to save you the time of watching me type, this course does not feature code examples being typed as you watch. It does however contain the code samples covered.
UPDATED: Jan 2016 - added new section on Association, Aggregation and Composition
UPDATED: April 2016 - added new Object Oriented Programming Terminology CheatSheet
This course is about 'Object Oriented Programming' (OOP). If you are new to OOP or are looking to brush up on your programming knowledge perhaps for an interview or just for fun! This course will quickly get you up to speed on the important concepts of OOP.
We will start the course with a brief introduction. Then dive into understanding exactly what the terms 'Abstraction', 'Encapsulation', 'Inheritance', 'Poly-morphism', 'Association', 'Aggregation' and 'Composition' really mean. Next, we will take a look at these concepts in action with some simple examples. And how easy it can be to adopt a good programming style from the start.
Delivered using HD Video, PDF, lecture and code samples (c# projects provided), this course will give you the knowledge and skills needed to put these concepts into practice and become a better developer today!
This course is designed to be a comprehensive introduction and should require about 1-2hrs viewing time, plus an equal amount of time if you wish to code the samples yourself (optional).
Backed by the Udemy 30 day money back guarantee, this course will be yours for life!
So, If you are looking to revise for an exam or interview, improve you coding style, get that new job or just understand the concepts used by professionals today then this course is for you.
If you need to know why 'Code Re-Use and Recycling' is important. Or how 'Good Design reduces flaws' and how 'an Object Oriented Program is much easier to modify and maintain than a non-Object Oriented Program' then this course is for you.
Simply click the 'Take this class' button today to get the skills that you deserve.
I look forwards to seeing you on the inside...