Object Oriented PHP & MVC
What you'll learn
- Build a custom MVC Framework from absolute scratch
- Build an application using your custom framework
- Create a custom PDO class to handle database interactions
- Complete user authentication using OOP & PDO
- Deploy your custom PHP application
- You should know basic PHP & programming concepts
In this course we will go step by step to build a complete custom MVC (Model View Controller) framework Called TraversyMVC using object oriented PHP. We will build something similar to Codeigniter but much much lighter. This framework is completely open source and you are free to change the name, add stuff, etc and use it as your own. This framework will include...
- A core library class to load controllers & methods from the URL (Also using .htaccess)
- A base controller class to load models and views
- A custom database library using PDO for all models to interact with the database using prepared statements
Not only will we create the framework but we will build an application on top of it called SharePosts which will be somewhat of a social network to share posts. This application will include..
- Full user authentication
- Access control for posts
- Server side form validation
- Bootstrap 4 UI
- Posts CRUD
- Helper functions (flash messaging & redirects)
We will also be deploying the application to the Internet
This is not a beginner PHP course. To learn the basics, please check out the PHP Front To Back series on YouTube by Traversy Media
Who this course is for:
- People wanting to learn advanced OOP PHP and MVC (Model View Controller)
Brad Traversy has been programming for around 12 years and teaching for almost 5 years. He is the owner of Traversy Media which is a successful web development YouTube channel and specializes in everything from HTML5 to front end frameworks like Angular as well as server side technologies like Node.js, PHP and Python. Brad has mastered explaining very complex topics in a simple manner that is very understandable. Invest in your knowledge by watching Brad's courses.