This is a course that covers the speed of reaction (also called reaction kinetics) and enthalpy change (also called exothermic and endothermic reactions) in O Level Chemistry, Syllabus 6092.
In speed of reaction (also called reaction kinetics), you'll learn:
- the factors that affect the rate of reaction
- how to explain why these factors affect reaction rate in terms of collisions of particles
- Maxwell Boltzmann diagram and energy profile diagram
- how experiments to study the rate of reaction are conducted, and how to interpret experimental results
- limiting reagents and excess reagents, and how they affect experimental results
As the chapter on reaction kinetics (speed of reaction) is an application question, we'll also be trying questions on this topic together.
In ethalpy change (Also called heat of reaction), you will learn:
- what is an exothermic reaction
- what is an endothermic reaction
- examples of exothermic and endothermic reactions
- how to calculate enthalpy change from bond energies
The course is written for students taking the Singapore O Level exam.
In this course, you'll not only learn the concepts but also learn how to apply them. We go through many examples (i.e. questions) so that you could apply the concepts learned.
This is the complete course that I conduct in my face-to-face tuition lessons. This complete course usually takes multiple 2- hour lessons. But now, you can learn the entire organic chemistry topic tested in O Level Chemistry anytime, anywhere, at your own pace, and watch it any number of times you like.
What are you waiting for?