Nutrition Kitchen: Basics of Cooking for Busy People
What you'll learn
- Select the right cooking equipment
- Stock up on basic ingredients useful for any recipe
- Cut meats and vegetables safely and efficiently
- Cook meats, vegetables, and grains using various techniques
- Select the right spices for various flavor profiles
- Meal plan and streamline your life
- Eat delicious, nutritious food without spending too much time or effort
- Have a desire to eat healthier and save time and money by cooking more at home!
“Hey babe, what should we do for dinner tonight?”
“Oh, uh, we could go to that restaurant down the street…”
“We just ate there the other day and spent $60.”
“Yeah...maybe we should just go to Subway.”
“Again? I’m sick of Subway. Should we just eat cereal?”
“I think we have some eggs…”
“Whatever -- let’s just go to that restaurant.”
If this sounds like you, this course is for you. A lot of people don’t know what they’re going to eat for lunch or dinner, and then end up eating fast food or going out where they spend a lot more money than they would like. By learning a few simple cooking techniques, you can eat healthy, delicious food without spending a lot of time or money.
This is not a traditional cooking class in that the focus is on specific cooking techniques rather than recipes (although, you will also find many simple recipes). You’ll learn how to prepare food; how to cook meats, vegetables, and grains in several ways; how to bring a lot of flavor to your meals by putting together flavor profiles composed of certain spices; and how to safely clean your cooking area. Throughout the course, you’ll also learn about basic nutrition (e.g., carbs aren’t the enemy).
About Your Instructor
Your instructor, Brad Kunkel, has been a personal chef for the last eight years and founded 1505 Kitchen in San Jose, California. He is passionate about helping people eat well, eat healthy, be well, and be healthy.
This course will help you develop a healthy eating lifestyle, and integrate it into your day-to-day.
Who this course is for:
- Busy people who think they don't have enough time to cook or think it's too complicated
Hi! I love creating online courses and instructional materials on topics I love. I currently offer the following:
• Introductory statistics textbook, Street-Smart Stats: A Friendly Introduction to Statistical Research Methods
I majored in math with an emphasis in statistics and think statistics is super important for everyone to learn. This book gives the fundamentals of building statistical thinking and being able to conduct basic data analyses.
• Online course, Chess for Total Beginners
Formerly one of the top 50 girls under age 13 in the US and top 100 women chess players in the US. I barely have time to play anymore but still love the game and think everyone should learn.
• Online course, Cursive Penmanship: Learn the art, improve your handwriting
I won the national penmanship contest in 6th grade and still have pretty good handwriting, and I attribute that to practicing cursive in my youth. This course has video tutorials and worksheets you can print to practice your cursive handwriting, which will improve your handwriting overall.
• Online course, Algebra Foundations for Calculus
This course doesn't teach just random algebra concepts you'll never use again. It focuses on topics that are essential in understanding calculus. The curriculum was developed in partnership with my friend Arun Sharma, PhD and mathematics professor at UC Berkeley.
• Online course, Nutrition Kitchen: Basics of cooking for busy people
This course provides cooking basics like sauteéing and braising, creating flavor profiles, choosing cookware, cleaning your cookware and cooking space, and cooking various meats and vegetables all while providing simple and healthy recipes!
You can access all of these directly on my website. More courses coming soon.
- 4.5 Instructor Rating
- 183 Reviews
- 2,509 Students
- 1 Course